thanks to answers to ibs

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunslickie, Nov 28, 2002.

1. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi all thanks to replying but i dont no what yous mean by supplements what kind do i take could you explain to me what are supplements as you no what yhey say about the irish we are a bit thick lol there seem to be quiet alot of people suffer from ibs between ibs fibro cfs i dont think i could get any worse ha ha once again thanks for replying
  2. sunslickie

sunslickie New Member

hi all thanks to replying but i dont no what yous mean by supplements what kind do i take could you explain to me what are supplements as you no what yhey say about the irish we are a bit thick lol there seem to be quiet alot of people suffer from ibs between ibs fibro cfs i dont think i could get any worse ha ha once again thanks for replying
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Hey sun---I was asking if you ever had stool tests run to check out your gut ecology? This checks for parasites, fungal growth, bacterial growth (both good and bad bacteria),etc.

My gut ecology was awful when tested----I had a terrible growth of candida albicans (fungus), and no good bacteria normal to the gut. Treating this will greatly assist in IBS. Not only that---but because the intestinal wall becomes permeable allowing larger things to pass through (leaky gut syndrome) pathogens and toxins are allowed places they never before had access to---and can really add to illness.
    Absorption of nutrients--is greatly reduced, as an added impairment.

One of the main culprits in these types of results is antibiotic use.

The supplements one can take are berberine--to kill off the candida, and probiotics (which introduce good bacteria to your gut---which is what your gut needs to function properly) This has helped with my IBS.
    Karen