Thanks !

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fudge43, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

Thank you to the people that replied and welcomed me .. I appreciate it ! .. I'm still trying to get the hang of this forum .. I filled the bio in with some basics .. it is nice to be able to know a little about everyone here !
    I am curious to know about different medications that are working for people with the fibro .. I'm on amitriptilyne( spelling is probably off )muscle relaxent, pain relief meds,L-Tryptophan .. I search the web often for information on supplements and try them if I think they are reasonable and worth the effort .. has anyone found a difference in meds or supplements that helps more ?
    Again .. thank you for your replies !
  2. razorqueen

razorqueen Member

I am Canadian too! From Manitoba. I did the amitriptyline thing for a while, I've tried the L-Tryptophan too, made my tummy nauseas and am taking Tylenol 3's which don't help diddly.
    I am waiting on the Fibro Freedom that I ordered from the store on this site. And I want to get my doc to give me something different from pain. I had a whole wack of blood tests done last week, and when I see my Doc about the results we will have a chat about pain meds!
    Raz
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Fudge,

Welcome aboard! I'm from Toronto. You are taking some good stuff and I hope you are getting some relief. You will find tons of info here and it will take a while to sift through it all. It's tempting to jump in and try all kinds of things that others are taking.

It's probably best to try one new thing at a time and you will have a better idea of whether it is helping. All that being said, one thing that is constantly recommended by many here is Magnesium. It really helps those muscle aches.

Good Luck

Kathy.
  4. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

I'm glad that I have signed up to this forum .. there is a lot of information from people's experiences .. and yes, I keep trying different things .. one at a time is a very good idea indeed ! .. I'm due to go back and see my family doctor soon, hopefully she is back from her maternity leave. Seeing different doctors while she has been gone has been a bit stressful .. sleep is an issue now .. I was taking zopiclone ( generic ) for years but now my body has gotten to use to it and it isn't working .. I surf the web a lot looking for what ever info might be useful .. and I realize there is a lot of nonsense out there .. so I am careful about what I pick and choose ... but this forum is very helpful .. thanks !