Thanksgiving Flareup

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Nov 25, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

OWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. You know, I've finally figured out how to describe this pain. There was an old Star Trek ep, the original series, where a jellyfish like creature attached itself to people's spines and gave them massive pain all over until it finally killed them. That is EXACTLY what this pain is like. I really do not know how much longer I can go on with these flares. It's not getting better with time, as I get older, it's getting worse.

My turkey thawed a whole lot faster than I thought it would, so I have it in the oven now. Looks like I'll be celebrating a day early. There will be leftovers for the actual day, so I don't care so much. I just wish I wasn't in so much pain.

2. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I think this time of year with all of its requirements causes the stress in our lives to increase exponentially. We have pictures in our heads of how the Thanksgiving table "should" look, or how many Christmas cards we "should" send. Stress everywhere.

I decided this year to do my Christmas shopping (only for my six grandchildren) in October. So that's done. I'm going to address my Christmas cards tomorrow, so all I have to do is mail them as the cards from others arrive.

The key to surviving this season is to relax. Get as much done beforehand as you can. And ask for help. I no longer have Thanksgiving at my house. If I don't get invited somewhere, my partner and I go out for a nice, cozy Thanksgiving dinner.
  3. tut90

tut90 Member

I think this will be the last turkey I'll prepare for a long time, I had such a hard time cleaning it and seasoning it, and that was with my husband helping me. I'm in so much pain right now, I hope I'm able to get up tomorrow. I guess next year one of my my daughters will have to take over.

Hope we all feel better soon.