Thanksgiving prayer from Dear Abby

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by TwoCatDoctors, Nov 24, 2010.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

DEAR ABBY PASSED ON, AND THIS IS IN THE NEWSPAPER FROM DEAR ABBY'S DAUGHTER:
    -----------------------
    And now, Dear Readers, I am pleased to offer the traditional Thanksgiving Prayer that was penned by my dear mother, Pauline Phillips. No Thanksgiving would be complete for me without it.

Oh, Heavenly Father,

We thank Thee for food and remember the hungry.

We thank Thee for health and remember the sick.

We thank Thee for freedom and remember the enslaved.

May these remembrances stir us to service,

That Thy gifts to us may be used for others. Amen.

Have a safe and happy Thanksgiving, everyone! -- LOVE, ABBY
  2. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

This is nice. It's so nice to see some of the traditional ways of others. I love this prayer!
    So much included in it.
    Thanks for sharing...
    Cynthia
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Thank you for sharing this prayer, and adding to our day. Hope you're feeling better from the flare you were going through. Blessings to Shelby and Cesar and a happy thanksgiving to you three. It brings a smile to my face just to think of you with your two loving fur- friends, maybe giving you a head-butting greeting this day. Remembering with a smile all their antics and loving ways that you have shared with us. They are a gift to us too.

Love, Judy
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

There was certainly joyfulness around here this Thanksgiving morning. I called my Dad in hospice and he was feeling good and was so glad to hear from me. He was eating breakfast in his room and said he wanted to finish breakfast (must have been something good) and would call me back later.

I was singing "Hallelujah, Hallelujah" and as I was putting the cat food into the dishes I was singing "Oh the Lord God Our King gave you this cat food" (because he really did) and the cats were more excited this morning to get their cat food--maybe they like spiritual music.

Shelby seemed to think that her Fancy Feast "Chicken Feast" was truly a feast today and isn't that the spirit of a cat Thanksgiving. Cesar was delighted as usual to see his food nuked (lighted heated by the microwave). All this was followed by cats galloping around the home chasing each other and enjoying themselves. That's a fun start to any day!!!

I looked out the back sliding glass door and saw a newspaper in my little patio. I am only signed up for the Sunday and Wednesday edition, so I looked upward into the sky and said "thanks for this gift today, I love it." It was provided to all subscribers because of the tons of advertisement brochures from everywhere. And I sat down on the sofa and was enjoying reading the newspaper and the tons of advertisements. Everything, except NASA shuttles, was advertised including cat items (hid that part of the newspaper).

Ah, what a day--and sunny too!!! Hope everyone has a good day too.

5. Doznclan3

Doznclan3 New Member

Ditto what Rain said, I was smiling all the way through. Oh, I am so happy that your dad had a good day..that had to make your day right there.
    I sure hope your cats know just how blessed they are to have you! I know you feel blessed to have them.

We had a great Thanksgiving...went to a sister's son's home..(hope that made sense) to have dinner. I haven't seen that side of the family all together in a long time. I stayed longer than I thought we would.
    Cynthia
  6. windblade

windblade Active Member

You're such a sweetheart - what you shared gave so much to me! Thank you.

Love,Wind