Thankyou and more questions......sorry!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by paddy, Feb 24, 2003.

1. paddy

paddy New Member

Hi
    Thankyou all so much for your replies :)
    I am actually writting on behalf of my brother's brother-in-law and so this is all new to me.
    He is so poorly some days and everyone is worried about him and we are trying to find something that will help him have the energy to carry on with his business and more importantly his life!!
    Can anyone tell me how they were diagnosed and when the symptoms started.....I mean do you think there is a link anywhere? What do you do to help yourself? Is there any medication or herbal that you take that you feel has benifited in anyway??? sorry for all the questions and I understand that everyone is different and what may work for one may not work for another but any info at the moment would help.
    TIA
    Paddy
  2. bre_ann

bre_ann New Member

I kept going to my gp for knee, hip, foot pain and after having x-rays and nothing showing up, she sent me to a rheumatologist who did more test and x-rays. Everything comes back normal, which is a good thing, but still having pain and fatigue. Sleep is 1st! Find something that will help the sleep problems. My dr. gave me script for Ambien. Helped me right away with the daily fatigue. Am still tweaking out meds. There are so many facets of this DD that it's hard to say where and when it came from. Some people seem to get it after a trauma, or illness. I think mine might have come from stress when I started working outside the home after being home with my kids for 12 years. No one knows for sure and many people respond differently to different medications. What works for one might not work for another. There are many variations in how we feel as well. Some people are very dibilitated by it and some aren't. There are many things on the internet to read about it and resources at public libraries. Good luck.
  3. fuzzy14

fuzzy14 New Member

GO TO SEARCH ON YOUR CUMP.
    punch in NIH OR CDC THEN CFS AN FIBROMYALIGA

ALSO CALL 1.800.442.3437 an req.
    booklet under standing cfids.

u can also request info. from CDC & NIH. be mailed to you

hope this helps FUZZY

P S tell him not to push it to much or he will be flat on his back for weeks
    I know !
    [This Message was Edited on 02/26/2003]

[ advertisement ]