thanx for the welcome

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by aussie1, Jul 8, 2003.

1. aussie1

aussie1 New Member

hi i am new on this list as you can see i live in australia.
    i have had fm for about 3 years but not as bad as this flare up i have had since april.
    the day after my father's funeral, i have felt like a truck has hit me.
    i have been & still going through different stages of fm ( physically & mentally).
    i also have degenerative disc disease.
    i am feeling more confident now that i am seeing my old physio even though today i am very sore from her massaging the knots in my neck & shoulder muscles, today she is going to work on my legs.that is the most painful of all my aches as it is soooooooo depressing when you get up to walk & you walk as if you had just got off your horse.
    i am very impressed with this site & the amount of people on it.
    take care,
    aussie1
    [This Message was Edited on 07/08/2003]
  2. fullarmor

fullarmor New Member

Sorry to hear you're in a flare up. I am right now too. It's lasting longer than usual. And boy, do i understand about the legs: that's where my worst pain is! All day, every day, my legs hurt. They feel like logs and don't want to move. Ugh. I think it's the weather here in New Jersey, very hot and humid, that's made me flare up. I'm sure the stress of your father's passing has made it much worse. (I'm so very sorry to hear about your father.) But soon the flare up should subside. And I hope yours does too! Glad to see you on the board.
    Nay
  3. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi Aussie1 welcome to the board, sorry to hear that you are having abad time right now , however it does sound likke your on the rebound. I am pretty new to the board to have had FM for a little over a year. I have found this sight to be a wonderful place to get and give support and information. There are other members from all over the place including australia, Canada, and many from the British Isles. Again Welcome and I hope you feel better soon.

Suzanne "Suz"
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Aussie, welcome to the board. So sorry to hear of your lost.

When I lost my younger brother, I got the first of the spasms at his wake, that flare lasted for months too. Its always hard on us when we have a terrible trauma like this.

Have you tried taking magnesium? You could ask your doctor about it. It has been a tremendous help for me and a lot of others here.

It seems most of us with FM/CFS are deficient in this mineral and our muscles suffer for it as they do not heal like normal people.

Take care, and I do hope you are feeling better soon, and again welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl

PS. If you don't mind, would you please read our board rules? they are on a link at the top left of this page; 'Messageboard Rules' written in blue. Would appreciate you taking the time to read them.