Thanx to All I Won

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by grammms, Jul 16, 2008.

1. grammms

grammms New Member

Dear Friends!
    Just got home from my court hearing & I WON! Thanx to everyone who posted good luck & good thoughts for me. I made a copy off my printer, folded it up & put it in my pocket & took it to the hearing. I felt like all of you were there with me, telling me to hang in there. I cried all morning at home & visited the bathroom many times. I thought this will be a sorry day. The wait to see the judge was over an hour & my body ached something terrible. I never had any experience with a court hearing. I was terribly nervous. The judge was kind, asked several questions, & said she definitely found me disabled. AMEN!! Now I cried like a baby. The relief was overwhelming. If not for this message board, I never would have gotten thru this. Luv & Hugs to all of you. I hope I can help someone one day in the same way.
  2. kitteejo

kitteejo Member

You have made my day grammms, I'm about to file on line tonight and have that long battle ahead of me.

I'm so happy for you! How long did your fight with them take and what are your DX's? Did you use a lawyer?

I'm so nervous about filing but I'm going to pull the trigger tonight.

This is great news for you and others!!!!

3. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I am so happy for you! I can only imagine the stress you felt in court, but now you can relax..well as much as the illness will let you!

4. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

So happy for you. Now you can focus on your health.

I appreciate your willingness to help others. Perhaps, when you are up to it, you can write a post in the sticky at the top of the page, outlining what you did, did you use a lawyer, what diagnoses were you approved for, that kind of stuff.

All the best,
  5. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I'm so happy to hear the great news Grammms!

very gentle hugs for you,
    Susan :)
  6. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

This is wonderful news . I am so happy for you , grammms.

I can only hope that the rest of us who are waiting have the same results. You are a great example of how easy it can be. The more examples like this , the better !

7. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

Awesome!!!! Ruthie
  8. grammms

grammms New Member

In reply to some of your questions: I did choose to use a disability lawyer. I gave it a lot of thought & wanted someone to rely on. I was lucky. He was a referal from my son's lawyer & he only handles disability. It took nearly 2 yrs. (which is what I was told). During that time I was refused twice & appealed twice. So the next step was to request a hearing. During the last 3 months of waiting, I also contacted my congressman. He sent my name to the disability office with a letter of my situation. I'm not sure whether this helped or not. My disabilities are FM, hip bursitis, IBS, RLS, elbow tendonitis, carpet tunnel & plantar facitis. (wow). The judges questioning was very brief & it was a woman judge. My lawyer told me that he never lost a disability case in front of her. (wow). I'm still overwhelmed with the thought that I really, really won. Good luck to all. I hope this message helps some of you.
  9. momof4kids68

momof4kids68 New Member

So glad to hear your good news!!
  10. marti_zavala

marti_zavala Member

Can I post your reply in the Social Security sticky at the top of the page?

11. Peace77

Peace77 New Member

I know that must be such a relief for you. I'm very happy for you. It took me two years also and I had to reapply to win. Peace
  12. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

I am sooooo happy for you, what good news:) Congratulations!!

13. shelly11

shelly11 New Member

congratulations! but what is rls? thanx
  14. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

Restless leg syndrome ~ I have that too.

Unless it stands for something different?

15. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Good for you, it's finally over. I went through the same time period as you, it's a long, long time to be under that stress but it's worth it. Now relax.

16. grammms

grammms New Member

Dear Marty z
    Please feel free to post my message on the Social Sec sticky. I would do it myself, but (I feel dumb) I don't know what this is. Anyway that I can help others is great with me. Thanx
  17. landra

landra New Member

and 2 years is not very long - compared to some. [Isn't that sad?]

I like the fact that you printed out the messages and took them with you. I think I will do the same - soooomeday when my turn comes!
  18. jmq

jmq New Member

I have tears of joy with you! I am so emotional today...and then I heard your good news and it helped so much. I hope I can have the same news one day...I just started the appeal dates yet. I heard it can take years....sigh

enjoy this victory
  19. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I am so happy to hear your good news as we all are in this battle together. Its kinda like an extended family here, and the best part is we all understand here unlike some of our real family members.Praise the Lord for hangging in there!!and winning. Now treat your self extra special and chill , I know how stressful this has been. Again congratulations.
  20. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm so glad to see that you won. I was looking for a message from you yesterday because I knew that your hearing was then but that's ok; I know you needed some time .

I was thinking about you yesterday (smile).

I know that a lot of stress will be off of you and you can relax a little. I know exactly how you were feeling because it will be my turn soon and I'm nervous already.

Another congratulations!!!