"That Dirty Old Egg Suckin' Dog"

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mikie, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

VW seems to use an old country western song every year for one of its car models in the ads. Right now, they are using this Johnny Cash song in their Jetta ads. It doesn't sound so bad until it gets into the next verses where he talks about killing the dog.

My Mom told me that back when she was growing up on farms and ranches in NE, a dog would be put down once he started sucking eggs because he couldn't be broken of doing it.

Not really a point to this post. Just wondered whether any of y'all noticed the ad featuring an adorable bull dog.

Love, Mikie
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I caught this commercial too and never heard the song before so I liked the Volkswagon commercial with just the lyrics that it has. I look at my cat Shelby and sing "and eats like a hog" because she scatters her wet food when she eats "like a hog."

I thought it was a catchy tune but didn't realize it had a verse about killing the dog. And that dog in the commercial has that adorable face.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I can't even remember the catchy CW tune VW used last year but we were all singing it in our heads, unable to stop.

Love, Mikie
  4. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

Is this last year's commercial? LISTEN CAREFULLY as it becomes the Darth Vader theme and watch the dog in the last few moments walk across the front as an AT-AT.

[Shelby is sitting on the computer keyboard as if to say "Hey, did you mention something that I eat like a hog? If you did, you better learn to duck because litterbox cookies will be flying your way."]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ntDYjS0Y3w