That time of the month--horrible symptoms

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by spmom, Jan 4, 2009.

1. spmom

spmom New Member

I do pretty o.k. through the month until about 5 days before my period and 2-3 days into it. Right now, I have a horrible headache which has lasted two days and is painful in the front and back of my head. I am dizzy, having difficulty functioning and just spacey. Ugh!!!!
  2. lindalou68

lindalou68 New Member

Hi my nmae is linda and I am 40 yo. I have dx with fibro and lupus. I am now on my 13th day of my period. This is the very first time this has ever happened to me. I to get sick just before my period. Do you have fibro? And how old r u ??? Linda
  3. spmom

spmom New Member

I am 40 also. I can't imagine a 13 day period. I know that I have a drop in my progesterone during the third week of my cycle, but I think that the fibro complicates things.
  4. marysxx

marysxx New Member

Its the worst! Heart palpations, anxiety, nausea. I miss just getting cramps! 41. Fibro/ga/somatization disorder.
  5. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I get bothered by hormone fluctuations from ovulation until about day 5 of my period. I'm 47 and still have very regular cycles. All of my FM/CFS symptoms are much worse due to it. I only have about a wk per month that I feel unaffected by my hormones.

I took PremPro for several months and it helped, but I stopped it after reading all of the bad stuff about it. My Dr suggested Remifemin which is a type of black cohosh. It didn't really help me, but my sister who is thru menopause, swears by it. She was having horrible hot flashes and the Remifemin made them disappear. She really notices if she doesn't take them daily.

I've seen posts about this hormone roller coaster before, I think it's quite common w these dds. Bummer, huh?
  6. justjanelle

justjanelle New Member

I saw your note that you're on Day 13 of your period. You should check with your GYN about this. I suddenly developed ultra-long and heavy periods and found out I have uterine fibroids causing it. It's treatable, thank goodness, and I hope that will take care of the problem. My worst was 23 days and I don't want to have to go through that again if I can help it.

Best wishes,
  7. tig519

tig519 Member

I had terrible symptoms with my period. My doctor suggested going on birth control. I went on seasonale (the one where you only get it once every 3 months) about 3 or 4 years ago. Life (as far as that goes) is wonderful. I get only 3 days and very light and none of the pain, headaches, etc I got before. I am 44 now and still am on it.

good luck
  8. spmom

spmom New Member

I've been considering this for quite some time since I know I have a problem with progesterone. I was a little concerned about being on the pill after 40, but it will probably be the best. Progesterone replacement was a disaster. Thanks for sharing. spmom