The 2nd Wind....

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BILLCAMO, Oct 28, 2008.

BILLCAMO New Member

I'm just curious how many remember a long , long time ago in a place that seems far , far away when we would get the 2nd , 3rd , or even 4th wind ? And now we have to pray for even a slight breeze..... ;>0 LOL

Blessings ,

2. jole

jole Member

I remember, although it's more like a lost memory most days. You're right, a slight breeze would be nice most days....maybe I could actually make it out of the recliner and headed in the direction of something close to being accomplished at least!

Happy thoughts ***Jole***
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

from High School Enlish?

Be through my lips to unawaken'd earth
    The trumpet of a prophecy! O Wind,
    If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?

Percy Bysshe Shelley

Big day today. Got outta the house and did 3 errands. I usta work by day, do 2 or 3 errands, go to law school, and have energy for a social life on weekends.

Nowadays a second wind means I am gasping for breath.

What a difference a DD makes.

4. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

Oh you just brought back so many memories of my 2nd, 3rd, 4th winds. Gosh, I don't know how i did it back then but I guess if you have to you just do it. I would get the girls up, dressed, fed and drive 45 minutes to drop them off and then another 1/2 hour to get to work. Then leave work pick them up drive home, cook dinner, play with them, give baths, read books, put them to bed, etc....... day after day and even had time to play on 3 softball teams.

Those were the days. I guess age and this DD really did me in. At least it waited until my kids were older and independent which I am so glad of.

5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is the wind I pass!

Love, Mikie

BILLCAMO New Member

Even when I was young & healthy I couldn't do anything close to that....But at least I could walk and chew bubble gum at the same time without wearing myself out...;>0

As far as the passing wind comment , I carry some clothes pins with me everywhere I go in consideration of the people that may be too close. :>) LOL

Blessings ,

[This Message was Edited on 10/31/2008]