The 3a.m. Waking Hour

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kimfibro, May 10, 2006.

1. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

i recall about 3 weeks ago that some of us posted about waking at 3:00am for some odd reason.

well, it happens to me too sometimes. but for the past week it's been daily....ALWAYS RIGHT AROUND 3AM.

was having right leg pain for the past few days and the only plus to waking today at 3am is to find that much of the discomfort is gone!

GOOOOOOOOOD MOOOOOORNINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
  2. sally2142

sally2142 New Member

MANY NITES I SLEEP FROM 10 OR 10:30 TO AROUND 12:30 AND THEN I'M UP THE REMAINDER OF THE NITE DUE TO PAIN. IF I AM FORTUNATE TO STAY IN BED LONGER, 3A.M. IS THE MAGIC HOUR!!!! SURE AM GLAD MONTEL IS ON AT THAT TIME, THEN I WATCH THE NEWS FROM 4A.M. UNTIL I GET SICK OF IT. MY RHEUMY GAVE ME A MUSCLE RELAXER TO TAKE AT BEDTIME IN CASE I WAS "A LITTLE UNCOMFORTABLE". I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO GET THAT PHRASE OUT OF MY MIND. I'VE ONLY SEEN HIM ONCE AND I GO BACK NEXT WEEK. ALL THE DOCS IN MY AREA (N.W. OHIO) SEEM TO BE AFRAID OF PAIN MEDS. ALL I'M ON IS CELEBREX AND NEURONTIN. WHAT A JOKE! I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CABLE CHANNEL DEDICATED TO FIBRO/CFIDS THAT IS ON 24/7. I'D ASK MY RHEUMY TO WATCH IT. I'LL THINK OF YOU IN 18 HOURS AS WE ARE BOTH TWITTLING OUR THUMBS.
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

I wake up at 4:00 a.m. every day and get up and get my household chores done, shower, coffee and get on the computer to check e-mail and other sites. I get to work by 7:30 a.m. and then I am in bed by 8:00 p.m. unless there is a conflict and we have to be somewhere at that time.

TxSongBird
  4. cerise

cerise New Member

That was my post. And what a response I received! When I read about it being a common occurrence among patients with MVP SYNDROME (not the same as MVP) I was just blown away and thus led to my inquiry on the boards.

I think my title was "DO YOU WAKE UP AROUND 3AM REGULARLY?"

5. Strawberry94

Strawberry94 New Member

I always wonder if this is due to mold allergies. I read this allergist who says it is. He says mold lives in our ducting systems no matter how clean we keep our homes and that it begins to spore at around 2am and the allergic body reacts by pumping out adreneline which can make the CFS person feel wired but exhuasted yet unable to sleep.

If I sleep between 3pm and 9pm I sleep my deepest sleep, but I have trouble, lots of trouble sleeping between 2am and 10am.

It could be sinus pressure, earache, post nasal drip, sinus pain, IC pain, neck pain, lower GI upset, what keeps me up can be different but the time of day that it happens is the same around 2am pacific time.

If anyone wants to read about this, do a search on "Dr Roby Hormone Allergy."

[This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/11/2006]
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

.... for me it's midnight.

Marta
  7. georgianewyork

georgianewyork New Member

That seems to be the witching hour, even with sleeping medication. Is everyone with FM /CFS having trouble sleeping more than a few hours?
    Sleepless on Long Island. Yawn.
  8. mrpain

mrpain New Member

I look at the clock and sure enough, 3:10; 3:15, or 3:00...
    Always around that time every night.
  9. JoaneWing

JoaneWing New Member

Yes---3 AM is the bewitching hour for me too. Sometimes I can fall back to sleep and sometimes I can not. I hate it. I've been like this for over 20 years now.

It gets worse after I have eaten wheat or rice. I never fall back to sleep after eating those foods. I am looking into food allergies now.

Best wishes,
    Joan
  10. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

read my post of a few days ago regarding an article from First magazine....info on food allergies!!