The Alphabet Game

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, May 12, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Here is a thread for LauraElizabeth's Alphabet Game.

Things around the house that start with the letter 'R".

Rocker, Recliner, Rugs, Razor, Ruffled Curtains, Roses, Racks,
    Last edited: May 12, 2014
  2. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Laura, I don't know how to move the ones already posted over to your new thread but I know someone else will come along and do it for us! :)

This game is started on the bottom of the first page of the Traveling Game. It looks like fun! GB66
  3. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Red lentil soup uhm lets see LauraElizabeth... what did I do to make it.... uhm... I cut up some fresh ginger and baked it with carrots, stemselerie and some more herbs and spices... then I cooked the lentils with water and added some tomatoconcentrate and the baked stew of veggies and spices. Something like that :p

Rock, yes lentils come in all kinds of colors and sizes. If you visit an asian store you should be able to get them if the supermarket doesn't sell them. Red lentils cook very quickly. They look more orange then red though and when cooked they still look kinda greenish :D

[​IMG]

Let's see more R things....

Radiator
    Remote for the bed, not wireless but still remote :p
    Ring
    Radio controled clock
    Red whiteboard marker
    Raja Yoga illustrations book
    Raindrops lots of em
    Rail for the curtain
    Robe
    Role curtain
    Raw potatoes planted in a bag :p
    Robin nesthouse Can't actually see that one since the jasmin is full of blossom and top heavy of the rain bending down.
    Raisins
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

From Laura's post on the Traveling Game thread:

I really do not have much experience with games but I have enjoyed the ones here.

Would some kind of adaptation from an old road trip game work? An alphabet game perhaps? Maybe instead of spying things along the way we could spy things in our homes? A different letter each day? For exampme if today was R I would try to think of things in my house that begin with R.

Rocking chair, Radishes, Rolling pin.
    Someone else might have: Razorback, Ruffles, Roses.

Many of us would have duplicates but it might be fun to see what unusual items we each have.

From my post on the same thread:

"R" things in R house: rolling pin, rugs, range, refrigerator, Roy Rogers, Robert
    Redford and Rene Russo. (The last three are on Recording of one kind or another.)

Rock
  5. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Rainbow stone
    Rakhi
    Rope from the ceilinglight :p
    Ratanhia toothpaste
    Radio
    Roomdivider (Can you tell I'm taking a tour around the house :D )
    Red fleece jacket
    Red heart pillow
    Red and white dotted napkin... Naming everything red feels a bit like cheating though :oops:
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  6. Soul, what a beautiful photo of the variety of lentils!
  7. Here are the "r" words I deleted from the other thread yesterday:

rocking chairs, ratchet, radio, radishes, rolling pin, red lentils, raisins, raffia, rain coat, recliner, respect, Ramona (photo), Robert (photo), rifle, revolver, rock music, Roget's Thesaurus, rectangles, recordings, red onion, red pepper, razors, reference books, reflexes, refrigerator, Rumikub (game), rejoicing, relaxation, remotes, reset buttons, rest, retinas or is it retinae?, ribbons, rice, riddles, rhymes, right hands, roast beef, roasting pan, rocks, roof, Roman numerals, romaine........
  8. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

I couldn't think of anything, but my dog, Duke had something to say...

RUFF!

(OK, I know that was cheesy.)

Tim
  9. rockgor

Hey, Tim. Your dog is very smart. Reminds me of Pavlov's dog who said, "I have succeeded
    in conditioning my master so that every time I drool, he makes marks in his journal."

You sure you don't have any Ruff-les? Not even a bag of chips? How about some Ruffled
    shirts from the 70s? Well, perhaps you're too young.

Yes, I agree Laura. The colorful beans make an attractive picture. Reminds me of
    a limerick I just wrote.

A legume lament

There once was a young man named Denzel.
    Who wanted some soup made of lentils.
    But with no spoon to stir,
    He couldn't get very fur.
    Said his wife, "Just try using a pencil".

Rock
  10. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Lol Tim, that's not very nice to call your dog cheesy :p

Besides, cheesy doesn't start with an R :D

There once was a witty man named Rock.
    Who didn't have red lentils in stock.
    But that was ok,
    He went out of his way,
    To write a legume essay (or mock in case someone objects about this rhime sceme ;))

RUFF! to you too Duke!

My seventies ruffled shirts are a tad bit to small for me now even though I lost my baby fat by now... wonder how that happened... :confused:
  11. Smart dog Tim. My cat Maggie refused to participate. She ignored me completely and just continued to snooze on the DVR.

I think I had some ruffled shirts in the 70's but in the last 14 years I have switched from a woman of many collections to a clutterfree minimalist! If I don't wear it, it is out.

I love the limmericks!
  12. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

I was baby size in the 70's don't have any of those clothes anymore either but I'm sure some have had ruffles
    :p What will be the new letter of the day? P maybe so the cat can join in?
  13. rockgor

Soul, I was amazed and delighted with your verse. One has to be really fluent to write a
    limerick in a second language. I couldn't write "wooden shoes" in Dutch. Which reminds
    me, I have a recording of an opera titled "Lodoletta" which is based on a novel called
    "Two Little Wooden Shoes". It was written by an English woman who lived much of her
    life in Italy.

Anyhoo, it is the first time anydobby ever wrote a verse to me. I shall treasure it
    as long as the sky is blue, the grass is green, and lentils come in different colors.

Rock
    Soul* likes this.
  14. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

klompen
    twee kleine klompjes

[​IMG]

There ya go, now you can practise :D
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  15. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Hmmm things with a P.... lets's see...

Puter
    Pencil
    Pen
    Post it memo
    Picture of me and my swanfriends
    Planter
    Plants
    Phone
    Photoalbum
    Pitcher with water filter
    Peas
    Parasol
    Potato palm tree :p (aka potatoes grown in a bag)
    Last edited: May 15, 2014
  16. rockgor

Hi Kids

Nice pic, Soul. I guess wooden shoes last for decades, huh? Do people in the Netherlands
    collect old wooden shoes like some people collect old duck decoys here?

OK, P is for: peas (frozen and canned); phonograph records; pills; pants; Polo shirt;
    platters; plates; pill boxes; phones; padlocks, most of the stuff Soul posted; and pills.

Laura, speaking of Roman numerals, I saw a cartoon the other day. A guy in a
    toga is getting fitted. He says to the tailor, "I'm a XXXVIII regular."

Hi GB and Tim. How are things at your palazzo?

Rock

Tried to post a pic of an antique duck decoy. The electronic gremlins will not permit same.
    Uff-da!
  17. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi
    pocketbook
    pizza
    paperbacks
    printer
    paints (acrylics, watercolor, oils)
    penguins (just checking if anyone is reading this)
  18. windblade

windblade Active Member

pterodactyls
    polar bear (one)
    penthouse
    okay, getting silly here. I would love a nice quiet penthouse.
  19. Cute, Rock. I rarely see cartoons anymore.........I need to do something about that.

Penguins, pterodactyls and polar bears.......I would like to visit your house windblade.

Here are my p's

Purr, peas, pen, plates, potatoes, Parmesan (the cheese although I used to have a goat named Parmesan), pills, photos, printer, paper, pimientos, Psalms, Proverbs, popcorn, Paperwhite (Kindle), paprika, paring knife, peeler, pie server, plumbing, parsley, pasta, pecans, peanut butter, pepper, peppermint tea, paragraph, %, perforations, Persimmon tree, Pinto Beans, pennies, pick-up trucks, pillboxes, pillows, pineapple, pint jars, paperclips, pizza wheel, Phase Ten (game), pineapple, pumpkin, poems, pollen,........and DH has pants, polos and pistols.
  20. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

I can imagine wanting a nice quiet penthouse when living with pterodactyls penguins and polarbears. :p

I'm sure there are clog collectors Rock, dunno. I do remember a huge clog tree when I was a kid. It was hung full of clogs and I think it was a clogmaker living there too. My babydoll had her own clogs made as me and my brothers did have our own clogs too. Ideal shoewear in soggy wet muddy grasland and woods or dying out campfires on a farm camping :D

Much better then those darn melting rubber boots that tell your mom you where in there trying to relite it :rolleyes:

Pumpkin seeds
    Pumpkin seedlings
    Pattison seedlings
    Paprika
    Pepper
    Peppermint oil
    Pattern
    Plaque
    Plage :p
    Pledge
    Plural
    Pun