The Beach

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Oct 11, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

My husband got up this morning and told me to throw my things together we are going to the beach for a few days.. 6 hr trip.. I am having difficulty just getting a shower.. He will never get it. Does that hurt, yes, I see no way out but to just leave. I am so tired of no one understanding. Pity party, maybe .. but only you all would understand how much I wish I could go. I love the beach..and it kills me I don't feel up to going. I don't know how to handle this anymore. I so wish he could understand and not be mad..

2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I, too, love DA BEACH. I drive 8 hours each summer to spend 6-10 weeks there. The pain is tough, but the gift of being at the beach makes it worth it. If the trip there is too much, the only solution I can see is to MOVE THERE. AAH, how I wish.

For the long trip, I start with some plain Aspirin. Then flex butt muscles and rock back forth on hips very frequently. I also stop about 4 times to get out and move. Still agony, but that's how I get through it.
  3. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

i know it's hard going anywhere GG. but sometimes whe i don't go i realize im more miserable at home, by myself.
    most days im home alone anyway. so usually if My husband has planned to go somewhere overnight or for a few days, i bring my pillow and blanket, heating pad, and my meds. and i just go. i may not be able to keep up when we get where were going. but im not alone as much, and it feels good to see some new scenery.

friday we are going 5 hours away to Louisiana. my husbands family is caddo indian. and his father has a cultural center, they have a huge pow wow every friday when we get there, it will be the bed for me, then maybe go out to eat & bed again.
    Saturday will be tough, thats the alll day Pow wow.ill stay a few hours in a lawn chair, then go back to the b&b while the rest of them stay.

just think, if you suffer and go. you at least get to see the ocean! we suffer anyways no matter what we do.just tell him you will have to stop a lot to get out and stretch, and he will have to do all the driving.ooh, and if you go he owes you big time!!
    Take care Honey, and do what you wanna do the most.
    {{Hugs}} Kat
  4. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Greatgran -
    I have had CFS for 14 years...horrible. I understand. We live about 6 hours from the SC/GA coast and the drive there is no picnic, but I would advise you to try to go. The change of scenery will make you feel better and going will make you feel more like you are a part of the "normal" world.

You won't be able to do everything you used to at the beach, but at least you'll see the ocean and see different things and I always feel better at the shore.

Take some Xanax aand Darvocet and get in the car, leave the driving to your husband, sleep if you have to along the trip, but try to go. It's lonely at home when everyone goes and does things without you....I know.

5. greatgran

greatgran Member

I have another or I think I keep one , sinus , off balance issues .. So went and got my antibiotic filled.. If all goes well I am going to try and go.. tomorrow..

Harrysmom, I can't take Darvocet wish I could but sure will pop the xanax.. Its this darn sinus, blurry vision, off balance and of course all the other symptoms.

Kat, good luck on your trip, give me an update..

Then I may have to just say NO can do.. We shall see.. My head is to crazy today..

6. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

Great Gran, I can empathize with you! Even local trips are exhausting and painful for me, much less driving some hours to get there!

I went to FL three years ago in January. My daughter wanted to go to the beach, so I went with her for two days in a row. The sunshine was so healing! My pain subsided while there, and it was SO WONDERFUL! Maybe once you get in the sun, the Vit. D will help...

Prayers for relief, whichever you choose to do!

7. greatgran

greatgran Member

Guess it wasn't meant to be. My husband got sick with the nasty flu or whatever is going around and my ears and sinuses or whatever is giving me a fit plus a crash. So no trip.. Maybe someday..

8. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

tell him to suck it up, and get in the car, and drive you to the beach!
    i know you would think this would be a perfect learning expeirence, but i tried that with my Husband.

in 08 he got the flu, it was probably the swine flu, cause he was deathly sick! also he had NEVER got the flu in all of his 45 years, can you imagine that!

and, he still dosen't understand how i feel..... Men!
    Take care of yourself GG, and i hope you don't get what he's got on top of everything else.I'm sorry Honey:(
    {{Hugs}} Kat