THE BEST BOOK FOR FIBRO I HAVE FOUND

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by oilofjoy, Feb 26, 2003.

1. oilofjoy

oilofjoy New Member

I HATE SEEING PEOPLE ON THIS MESSAGE BOARD SUFFERING THE WAY I USED TO SUFFER. I HAD EVEN BEEN USING A WHEEL CHAIR SOMETIMES AND COULD ONLY FUNCTION FOR ABOUT THREE HOURS A DAY UNTIL I NEEDED A NAP.
    I am not selling anything!!!
    I have said this on the site before, but here goes again. I have had Fibro and Chronic Fatigue for about 25 years. I participated in the Center for Disease Control study for
    six years. I have been involved in so many support groups and now web groups about this topic. After trying EVERYTHING the best book and resource that I have ever discovered for treating this illness (and I consider myself to be about 90% cured) is:
    The Bible Cure for Chronic Fatigue and Fibromayalgia by Dr. Don Colbert, MD
    The book is a HOLISTIC approach to treating your immune health. This is the best and most informative and SHORT book on the subject I have ever run across. He tells you WHAT to take and WHEN to take it HOW much to take and WHY to take certain things. He also explains what the supplements do to your brain/body chemistry to help
    and the effect of lacking certain supplements can cause to your immune system and brain chemistry. I have used this book for two years in combination with his books BIBLE CURE
    FOR SLEEP DISORDERS and BIBLE CURE FOR STRESS AND ANXIETY. He also has a book on Candida and Yeast. These are tiny books about 60 pages VERY EASY TO READ and to search through.
    Hope this helps SOMEONE.
  2. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

For posting the book. Glad you are better!
  3. LeLeHpr

LeLeHpr New Member

Another book I have found to be helpful is Eight ways to take an active role in your health by Bill Little, PH.D. I am halfway through and it has opened my eyes tremendously!

Best Wishes!

LeAnn
  4. praisingHim

praisingHim New Member

I have also read that book and many others by Don Colbert. I agree. The books are very easy to read and are excellent. He also has a website. Another great book by him is What You Don't Know May Be Killing You. Great for people who are sick or are want to avoid becoming sick. It talkes about every thing from dental fillings to supplements to the food to eat and avoid.
  5. yorkeemom

yorkeemom New Member

I have read his Bible Book Cures on FM and Candida and they are imazing. He also wrote "Toxic Relief" which is so helpful for CFS/FM and related disorders--such knowledge on diet and how our body needs proper nutrition and the toxins we put in our bodies everyday--lots of my IBS symptoms vanished when I detoxed my body and changed my diet--I saw him at his office in Orlando, Fl and he spotted my candida and other food allergies with tests he did. they were very strange and a little "out there", but he was right on the money and I could tell the difference as soon as I started the detox for one month and now I'm maintaining with a changed diet and started on vit/supplements. My FM symptoms have decreased also. He is seen regularly on Pastor Hagee (TBN) show as a featured guests on a number of medical issues. Glad to hear other people are being helped by him.
  6. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm so glad you have found this book helpful!!!I'm a big time reader,and somehow have never heard of this book~(i've read many about FM,trying to help myself....since we get minimal help from drs.) I'm gonna look for this book....sounds good. Take care :)

[ advertisement ]