The Best Deodorant Ever!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jasmine, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Hi! I just wanted to mention that I've tried lots of deodorants and antiperspirants and nothing worked for me at all. Until I tried Lavilin about a year ago. It's a cream I buy at my health food store and have also ordered off the internet and it's zinc oxide. It costs like $I2. I take my shower once a week at night and put the cream on and leave on overnight and wash off with soap in the morning. I only need to use it once a week and I also use cornstarch powder over it daily. I have also found that taking zinc picolinate vitamin tablets reduces underarm odor. Just a tip I found very helpful.

Love, Jasmine
  2. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

Bumping up
  3. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Thanks for that! That has been my biggest "petty" annoyance - I just stink now matter what I wash with, or how often! I use a scrub brush and 2 kinds of soap and within a day smell just horrible! The only thing I have found that helps is rubbing a little tea tree oil on with the natural deoderant that I use. I never used to smell like this before I got sick!

Gretchen
  4. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i bathe once or twice a day....semms like everyone would have an odor problem if only bathing a couple times a week. i don't mean to sound rude...just curious as to why so few baths.
  5. beth0818

beth0818 New Member

i hope my question did not offend anyone. i still don't know a lot about everyone's different illnesses.
  6. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

My shower has a built in seat and I do take a shower everyday and still stink. In fact I can still smell myself right after I shower. Like I said, I was not like that before this dd. I wonder if my body is using my skin to try to rid itself of toxins. (I even wash my armpits with rubbing alcohol sometimes which helps for a couple of days but I can't imagine it's very good for me).

Gretchen
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

For all of you who are aghast at not bathing every day, my dermatologist told me Americans bathe too much.

When we bathe, we wash away the natural oils which protect the epidermis.

We would be a whole lot better off if we washed the "necessities" with a sponge and bathed every other day with a bidet in the bath.

My skin is so dry, that when I bathe every day, that it itches, flakes, and hurts, even with every lotion known to man applied.

Thanks for the deodorant up. I can bathe, and I still have underarm odor. This only started with the FM.
  8. millennia

millennia New Member

Do other people notice the smell to? Because I've noticed that with this illness, all of my senses seem heightened. I notice every little sound, every scent, everything just drives me crazy. Maybe you don't smell worse, maybe you can just smell yourself better? Maybe a combo of both.
  9. Jasmine

Jasmine New Member

I just wanted to say that I do shower daily every morning. But I take an extra shower one evening because Lavilin needs to be put on at bedtime and washed off in the morning. I do notice that I am very sensitive to perfume and chemicals and try to use mostly scent free products when possible.