The best husband

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Busyknitter2, Mar 24, 2006.

1. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I have read posts of understanding husbands and husbands who do not understand.
    My husband is the best. He constantly takes care of me and pampers me in every way. He does not want me doing any thing that may make my pain worse or stress me. He also will not allow anyone to upset me or stress me out if it at all possible. When I get upset because I am hurting, I'm in a fog he will calm me down. He lost his Dad on July 13 and his mother on September 12 while all of this was going on and I was trying to do and care for him, he insisted that he take care of me.
    It took at least five years of going to Drs., tests, and being told that they could not find anything. One Dr. kept doing tests, but would not follow thru with calling me etc. It upset me and he called the Drs. office and told them that they where not doing their job that he knew that I had something wrong and if they could'nt find out what was wrong he would take me to another Dr. They got on the ball and sent me to a rheumy who finally said it was fibro. When we had to change Drs. do to insurance he told the Dr. the first time we went in that if they where not going to do anything and keep running tests that we would find another Dr. The Dr. said that he understood and I have gotten wonderful care and understanding from this Dr.
    We have been married for 32 years and he is the greatest husband a wife could want.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Your husband sounds like a wonderful man.:)
    You are very forunate, many people with chronic problems don't have that support.

I too have a very supportive husband, who tries to do all he can to help me ( sometimes to my anoyance:).

If I may, I have a personal question for you.

Has your husband ever been angry or depressed about your condition and situation?

My poor husband is so frusrtated that he has become deoressed ( he has gone to counseling, can't right now).

Just wondering if your hubby has any words of wisdom for some of our spouses that may be struggling like mine.
    I would like to return the favor and help him for a change.:)

Thanks,

Claudia
  3. berrytired

berrytired New Member

That's awesome!! I couldn't image having to deal with the stress of an assh&^% ontop of being ill. Mines great also.I guess you really find out what your spouse is all about when your ill...
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

truly,nothing is greater than a loving marriage.Mine is also my advocate.He keeps me from doing things that would hurt me and handles all bill collectors.I'm allowed to pay online though.

What a good post.I was feeling bad this morning because my husband cleaned the house and did the dishes with an awful back.He will be 67 in 2 months.He also works.I don't know how much longer he can keep doing this(Sorry,off track,I have just been thinking of this)he truly is my soul mate.I'm so glad that the rest of you have the blessing of great husbands.Linda
  5. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

My hubby and I have had our ups and downs thats for sure but the one GOOD thing that has come out of this DD is we have grwon so much closer. I feel like I truely mean something to him. He is so understanding when I fear I am whining to much. He understands when I am in bed and not feeling well. He will fix dinner and bring it in to me. I am truely blessed.
  6. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

I won't say that he gets angry. There are times when I am in a bad fare and in alot of pain that he gets frustrated that he can not take it away. There are times when he says I worry about you so much, I can't stand to see you in pain. I tell him it helps that he is here and taking care of me.
  7. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

That's one of the things he get's angry about, that he can't make this go away.

I just want to be a good support for him.

One of us has to be healthy!:)

Claudia
  8. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

What a breath of fresh air! I too have a DH like yours and count my lucky stars every day!!! We've always been close, but it hurts me to see him so helpless sometimes. He wants soooo badly to make all this go away for me. He'd do anything, and give any amount of money just to see me smile.... makes me cry to just think about how much he loves and cares for me!

We are truly blessed!

TM~