the best medicine for runny nose???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by acuario, Sep 28, 2008.

1. acuario

acuario New Member

Hi, everyone, I always get a lot of colds, and the worse symptom of all is runny nose, I hate that. I could't sleep tonight.

Does anyone know what medecine is the best for runny nose???

thank you. Acuario
  2. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

Afrin will completely clear out your nose and let you sleep. I use it on occasion. You can't use it more than three nights in a row because it's very addictive. I always stop after the third night, and then I wait at least a week, or even two, before I use it again. I basically have a cold all winter. Mine's already started. And yes, I have allergies, but they turn into a sustained cold-like illness in late fall. The "cold" goes away in March or April, but the allergies continue.
  3. charlenef

charlenef New Member

when you start getting sick take coldzees right away they shorten the cold i swear by them
  4. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I had really bad problems with this a few years ago.
    Then I found garlic/ginger and spices!!!

I have been using lots of garlic/ginger/and loads of spices lately and have found that they really help with my runny nose and sinus problems.PLUS they defo keep colds and flu away!!!!

Better than sticking a pair of socks up my nose lol.
    Please try these because I am sssooooo much better than I used to be.....

Sorry to see a young guy like you with fibro.Hope things get better for you.I promise the spicy stuff will do it for ya!!!

Rena UK
  5. Belinha

Belinha New Member

A really fast car! LOL

Sorry I couldn't resist that one.

Belinha
  6. luvdogs

luvdogs New Member

My ENT strongly recommends using a saline rinse to rinse out the nasal passages. Any drugstore has a number of these products, including Neti pots. It really helps to prevent reoccuring Sinus infections. I use a product called Dr. Neil, and it's great, as long as you keep the bottle clean.

YOu can also put colloidal silver directly into your nose. Hang your head over the edge of the bed, face up, and use the dropper to insert the Colloidal silver into your nose. Wait three minutes, then turn over onto your stomach, and hang your head face down over the edge of the bed to reach your lower sinuses. This works like an antibiotic. Use it for three or four days, and your infection will go away, guaranteed. It does hurt however, so you might want to mix the colloidal silver with some saline solution. Also, don't do this long-term, because you can't use colloidal silver long-term.
  7. acuario

acuario New Member

thanks for all your postings.
    I don't think I have allergies, I don't get sick really often.

thanks all for your postings. Acuario
  8. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

I agree with the neti pot idea. I also take Virastop to try to prevent myself catching these viruses, as my husband is always bringing them home from the school where he teaches. It seems to work quite well.