THE BEST SUPPLEMENT FOR IBS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by baanders, Jun 22, 2006.

1. baanders

baanders New Member

I suffered with terrible IBS pain...bent over with abdominal pain due to IBS, an MD informed me about...Eenteric coated Peppermint softgels! The company is Eenzymatic Therapy, out of Canada. It's called "Peppermint Plus". Just 2 tablets at a time work wonders for me...the bloating and pain leave within 1 hour. LOL Side effect: when you have a #2, you feel a cool feeling down there! BTW, I am not trying to sell any products...I want to help people...so please don't say, "shame on you" Thank you.

baanders
    [This Message was Edited on 06/22/2006]
  2. crossword

crossword New Member

the generic of Metamucil-I get it at Walmart - it's fiber therepy. I take one heaping tablespoon in water or juice once a day and everything is back to normal. Hope this helps.
  3. kirschbaum26

kirschbaum26 New Member

Dear Baanders:

Glad this helps you. Peppermint has long been used to "settle" stomachs. That is why restaurants usually have peppermints. I always carry a few in my purse, as I usually have a bad reaction to foods eaten in restaurants that are not prepared the way that the menu, or the waiter tells me that they are. I usually have trouble with anything cooked in sauce...especially rich sauces, just cannot process it.

Thanks for the info, and I may try the peppermint gel caps.

Thanks.

Ingrid
  4. tandy

tandy New Member

I apreciate you mentioning ANYTHING that helps IBS~!!

I have seen peppermint added to some Digestive supplements.( among other things)
    I'll keep that in mind.

Had to giggle at the 'cool down there'
    when you use the toilet. :)
    that might not be a bad thing!?
    lol
    Take care
    Tandy
  5. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

YOu can pick your own baggy and it makes a lovely tea. I add it to my PMS blend.

I also have small dropper bottle of peppermint oil w/ chloryphil, it is excellent for allergies and die off symptoms. I just put 1 drop on my hand and lick it off and hold in my mouth for a min, then swallow slowly (it packs a wallup, its pure peppermint oil). You can put a few drops in water or tea, but I actually don't like peppermint myself, so I prefer to take my medicine straight, absorbs quicker if held in the mouth anyway. Its called Wow drops and I ordered it from a candida site in the States. Someone else bought pure peppermint oil, but not sure where in the States. I'm sure you can buy extracts too.

Jeanne
  6. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

lots of people have posted it works whether you have IBS-C OR D. I vascillate myself, but lean heavy on the C side.

Jeanne
  7. baanders

baanders New Member

I'm sorry I didn't make it clear...but you can order the product in USA. I get it at a local health food store.

baanders