The Birds are here

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Oct 28, 2011.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

No, I haven't seen Tippi Hendren out front. Earlier today, the complex where I live cut the grass really short almost at ground level and probably next week will be seeding it with a special grass, like they do every year.

BUT THE BIRDS ARE GOING WILD RIGHT OUT FRONT because it has brought out the bugs (and maybe worms) that were in the ground and at the root of the grass and the birds are having late lunch. My cats are on the quilt in front of the security screen door enjoying all this and said it's the best ever, they can't understand why Tippi Hendren ran away so many years ago (the movie "The Birds"), and would I prepare some fresh trout and some distilled water that they can snack on as they don't like popcorn and soda.
  2. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

We have sparrows and finches here and you are so right that they DO TEASE. They know my cats are on the quilt behind the security screen door. The birds come out of the little bush at the side of my front door, and they dance across the front of my door and chirp and sing while repeatedly crossing to and fro in front of the cats. Very smart birds.

Sometimes the little finches GET SO BRAZEN enough to jump up on the stair that is right at my door within a few inches of my cats. Shelby then pops a paw on the security door and I hear that, but Cesar never reacts and instead just loves to watch. In fact one day the birds were dancing and singing so long I found Cesar asleep on the quilt while Shelby was intently watching the birds.

I joke that the birds are doing musicials and instead of fiddler on the roof, that it's finch on the stair.
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

You think the way I do--I'm so sorry!!! LOL Your birds and my birds should tour with their show for cats everywhere. This is what cats want!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Ever utter the unusual, "Aak, aak, aak," in cat language when the birds tease? Mr. Big used to do this when he saw the birds on my balcony when I lived in CO. "The Far Side" had a cartoon based on this strange language.

Love, Mikie
  5. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I had a cat that used to clack her mouth open and shut, but not make a vocal sound. My two now make no sound. YOU WOULD THINK the birds were putting on the 2012 Feather Fashion Extravaganza show with the way my two absolutely stare and gawk at the birds. I keep expecting an announcer with:

"And here comes Miss Sassy Finch strutting her finest feathers and don't you just wish you had those feathers."

"Here comes Miss Annoying Mockingbird spreading her wings and cawing to simulate those attacks she sometimes does on humans."

"Here comes Miss Alcoholic Honey Bee still working her AA program after over indulging in that rippened Agave plant nector so many times and forgetting it is used to make liquor. Good luck on flying straight."

"And we have a very special treat. Here comes Dr. Lenardo Lizardo, or as we lovingly call him-- Lenny Lizard, our resident Gecko, and he's showing that strong stance, that slim physique, and those sucker digits to hold onto the patio walls. And none of the contestants are allowed to eat our guest."

"Now everybody party--OOh pump the jam, pump it up . . .

THAT'S WHEN I CALL THE POLICE ABOUT THIS LOUD PARTY OUT FRONT WITH THE STROBE LIGHTS AND THE LOUD SPEAKERS, PEACOCKS DOING THEIR LOUD CALL THAT SOUNDS LIKE "HELP", MOCKINGBIRDS ALL AROUND AND MOCKING US HUMANS (SAYING "GIRL, 1980'S CALLED AND WANT THAT HAIRSTYLE BACK"), OSTRICH DARING US TO GO THROUGH THIS PARTY TO GET TO OUR MAILBOXES.

[This Message was Edited on 10/29/2011]