The Blessings of Christmas

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by dash, Dec 27, 2003.

1. dash

dash New Member

I praise God for the wonderful blessings of this Christmas season. Thank you for my husband; who gladly took on the responsiblity for shopping; who comforted me when things seemed too tough to deal with; who presented me with a small gift each night the week before Christmas, because I haven't been able to go out and shop for little things for our home. Thank you for my youngest son, who became my hands and feet, fetching, toting, cleaning, and even helping me to bake. Thank you for being able to let go and scale back on the decorating, the menu, and the activities without regret. Thank you for my children, who showered us with gifts and truly wished to be with us for Christmas.

Thank you for my Mother, my sisters, brother, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law, our children and their grandchildren who gathered together to celebrate today. Despite disabilities, illnesses, and great life stresses, we tasted the joy of family.

Thank you for Christmas, the birth of our Savior, a light in the darkness, our hope for tomorrow.

Della
  2. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

You had a wonderful Christmas. Mine wasn't what I expected or turned out to be. But there were blessings none the less. Some family members of mine aren't getting along, so didn't show up at the big family get together on Christmas, they were missed by me so much. A brother and sister and their families. But am thankful for the help I got from my boys. That they were thankful too for what they got as gifts for Christmas. We made some wonderful memories. Its the first Christmas in this house, since we had to foreclose on our home last year. I too didn't go overboard or do too much to cause me to flare or feel worse. I didn't let not being able to shop or buy what I wanted for my sons.. get to me either.

Glad you posted, it caused me to think on the blessings and all that I did have this Christmas, instead of all the things that seem to me so bad and depressing.