the bubble has finally burst ...Now i feel so low

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by enivalorac, Dec 30, 2002.

1. enivalorac

enivalorac New Member

I have been on such a high since I was finally believed and taken seriously and finally got a diagnosis...and as i felt so good I think I overdid it during the holidays ... now I hurt everywhere .. and I am so depressed and low about everything I am unable to do ... I feel so helpless with this dd that all I want to do is curl up in my bed and cry .. I have so much I wanted to do before the new year .. but I know it isnt going to be possible ... why does it always happen like this ??? sorry I am so negative at the moment but I just cannot see a way forward ... Carol
  2. woppini

woppini New Member

I understand totally. Going through a very nasty flare too. It does seem hopeless at times. All you do is want to cry. There is nothing wrong with that though. Natural body reactions of it experiencing loss. Youll feel better letting it out. Keeping it in will do more damage usually. It will pass, and things will get better.
  3. Cindi

Cindi New Member

Sometimes I go through days, and weeks like this, then the sun shines again:) When I feel the way you do, I DO curl up in bed, and I DO cry!! This is not abnormal! We need to grieve our "old" selves. I've been in a never-ending flare, and greatly limited what I did over the holidays, and I'm still in a post-holiday crash :( It seems like you think you know your body, then...WHAM!!!!
    Hang in there, okay?? There WILL be brighter days!!

Hugs~
    Cindi
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For two years, I have been trying to learn to restrain myself when I'm feeling well. It's just sooooo hard to break the roller-coaster ups and downs with our illnesses. Learning to pace oneself is crucial, though, if we want long-term improvement. I just hope I can follow my own preaching :)

Love, Mikie
  5. Rosario

Rosario New Member

I went through a grieving period when I was first diagnosed. I think it was important for me to acknowledge the things I was no longer able to do and feel sorry. It didn't last too long and it led me to accept the reality of my life, appreciate the things I was still able to do and take stock of the things I needed help with, or could learn to do differently.

Please take the time to grieve, Carol, and be gentle with yourself - there's nothing wrong with an occasional pity party, as long as you find time to count your blessings as well.

Please don't worry about whether or not you are moving forward. Posting your feelings & sharing your sense of helplessness IS a step forward. Even though it may not feel that way to you now, I assure you it is an important piece of work.

My best to you,
    Rose

6. karen55

karen55 New Member

that crying cleanses the soul. I don't know how true that is, but personally, I find that crying when I feel the need to actually makes me feel better, if only emotionally. I'm sorry you're feeling so down right now. It's frustrating, depressing and maddening when you can't do all the things you once could do, or even the things you need to do now. I know it's easier said than done, but try to accept that you may have limitations, do what you can do, and what can't be done will always be there for another day. I've sort of taken the AA attitude, "one day at a time". Try to focus on the positive, the things you CAN do, and allow yourself to feel good about doing them, even if it's something small. And feel free to cry on all the shoulders here, that's what we are here for. {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

don't feel bad, we all have these bad times.

It took me close to 20 years of Fibro to realize that I simply can't do what I use to do, that if I don't take things easy when I am feeling good, I will only fall back so far that it looks like an impossible job to catch up with after the pain lets up!

Its a lot of trial and error, so just let it all out.

Then when you are feeling well again, pace your self, and plan what is the most important job, do that one, and be sure to rest inbetween, thats important. Don't push yourself.

Hope you are feeling better both mentally and physically soon.

Have a great New Year!

Shalom, Shirl

[ advertisement ]