The cat versus the Snowbird Whale

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TwoCatDoctors, Oct 14, 2012.

1. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

I was stretched out on the sofa and Shelby the cat was stretched out on her cat furniture at the big front picture window watching the birds. I have a film on the windows so that we can see out but no one can see in.

This rotund guy (about 60) comes walking right up to my front picture window, puts his whole body on the picture window, cups his eyes and is trying to look in. Shelby the cat has her paw on the window, like she is trying to push the guy away--while looking at me to say "mama, get the harpoon, there be whales."

I rapped on the window and yelled "get out of here." I scared the guy, who looked like he just arrived from the colder states and was a Snowbird. When some of them arrive for the Fall and start looking for property to buy or lease each year, they loose all manners, and they're old enough to know better. Shelby the cat began grooming herself as if the man-whale had disrupted her fur.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Active Member

Have you been reading Herman Melville? I tried reading Moby Dick
    decades ago. Couldn't do it. I've tried The Scarlett Letter and and various classics. The style of writing is just too old fashioned for me.

Right now I'm going though a collection of modern humor; mostly pieces
    that appeared in The New Yorker. I guess they are too modern for me.
    The only thing I ever liked in The New Yorker was the cartoons. Have a
    collection of George Booth cartoons from the library at the moment.

I don't believe there is a snow whale, but there is a white whale: the
    beluga. Anyhoo, glad the intruder didn't frighten you guys. Wouldn't want
    anyone to start blubbering.

Regards to Shelby and Cesar.

Rock

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She's on the job as Watch Cat. That guy had some nerve. He might be considered a peeping Tom running around and looking in windows. Barb and I have film and we have to get close and peep into each other's kitchen windows to see if anyone is astir. Now and then, she's right there looking back at me and scares me to death.

Tweety has her own furniture too but, now and then, she tries to take advantage and gets up on things she knows she is not supposed to. She's always shocked and miffed when Mr. Water Bottle catches up with her.

I got some seafood medley Meow Mix and she loves it. Sylvester will not eat inside my condo but both will drink cream. So, I keep the food as Tweety's private reserve. Poor old Simon will eat whatever flavor I put out for him. Jeff puts out Meow Mix and his neighbor, Julie, puts out canned food. When the cats are done with it, huge toads leap on the cans and eat. I'm tellin' ya, it's like a nature preserve around here. Unfortunately, a mamma possum and her babies were run over on the next street.

Tweety and Sylvester are animal ambassators in the hood. They play with all the critters. They would not like a great white human whale encrouching on our territory, though. Shelby rules!!!

Love, Mikie
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I can't believe that people just go peeking in other people's homes. I guess some of them still do. Kind of rude but does your house look that deserted that they would think it was not occupied :)??

Glad that you scared that guy or whale away. Nothing seems to surprise me amy more. So much crap going on. Glad you have Shelby to protect you and Cesar too :)!! he he .

Be ready for any strangers or whales around. Do you think you need to arm Cesar and Shelby with weapons :)!!!!

Hi Rock - Glad to see you here too and that you are OK .

Mikie - glad to see you too. Are Sylvester and Tweety your Watch Cats too ?????

Hugz to awl,
    Granni[This Message was Edited on 10/15/2012]
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Mr. Smith and Mr. Wesson watch over all of us :)

Love, Mikie
  6. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

Glad you have some real Watch people watching out for you.

Hugz !!! Will Tweety and Sylvester just watch :)???

Granni
  7. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

My place doesn't look deserted and the shrubs out front are all trimmed. Just the guy looking in was some idiot being rude.

Shelby the cat is after me to install a moat with crocodiles out front. And I explained that it won't permit the shrubs by her front picture window that the birds love to sit in. So she nixed the moat and instead wants push buttons on her cat furniture to fire up flame launchers that would shoot out from under the big front window.

I told her I appreciate her need to protect us, but we don't want to toast the buns of people walking on the sidewalk out front talking loudly on their cell phones, or dropping their candy wrappers or bending over to tie their shoes and perhaps showing Shelby too much butt crack.
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Granni, I think they might just run as fast as possible; however, they were standing off two racoons in Jeff's lanai. They took the stand between the coons and Jeff's door. So maybe I'm not giving them enough credit. They are pretty smart cats. Also, they are still young. Last year, they were half-grown kittens. I'm just not leaving my safety in their paws. I cannot value the blessings these two little homeless cats have brought to the entire hood. Having animals around makes people better people.

2CD, that Shelby has quite a mind for defense. Perhaps the Pentagon would be interested in her ideas.

Love, Mikie