The CFS/FM Olympics (Reboot from 2014)

Discussion in 'Homebound/Bedbound' started by gb66, Feb 23, 2014.

1. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

What events would you like to see, if we could have our own Olympics:

The Triathlon: Showering, Shampooing, and Shaving (legs for women), all in one day.

The Ten Yard Dash: Making it to the bathroom before your bladder dribbles.

Gymnastics/Balancing: Carrying a plate in one hand and a cup of coffee in the other from the stove to the table without spiling anything.

Curling: Lying on a bed with your body pillow and heating pad and trying to get comfortable.

Endurance: Getting dressed for a Doctor appointment and then having the energy to go.

140 Pound Bench Press: Me, sitting on a bench.

Anyone have any to add?
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  2. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Haha, love this topic GB, we have such a creative bunch on here! People, you are all precious!!!

I always say my favorite sport is hammocking and that I'm training for the olympics :D

Other sports:
    brushing teeth AND flossing (at the same day)
    Getting dressed AND undressed (at the same day)
    Taking a shower standing up (without blacking out after it)
    Getting up out of the bath tub (without blacking out after it)
    As an extra difficulty we could ad AND drying yourself right after it.
    Cloudgazing would be a definite sport to ad too. Score the most points for identifying figures.
    How about staring in the distance without blinking. We could call it long distance blink.
    Getting from one room to the other and still knowing what you go and do there. Bonus points if you actually did it before leaving the room.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Ha Ha! GB, you literally made me LOL! You all are too funny. Gordon and I live in an
    old two-story house. I participate in the Step A Thon Endurance contest all day long as I
    make extra trips up and down 'cause I've forgotten something.

Rock
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Freida, I already failed at the Slalom. That's what gave me the idea for this thread. The day after my doctor appnt. I guess my legs were weak and sore from the trip. I fell in the hallway. Didn't break or injure anything, just hurt all over like crazy. I landed mostly on my right side/bottom area.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this competition. Those are great ideas. Here's a couple more:

The 30 Yard Dash: Getting from the handicapped parking area to the store in under 10 minutes, (ok, make it 15 minutes).

The Uphill Climb: Making it through one day without falling or crying.

Men's Figure Skating: Watching the ice melt.

Women's Figure Skating: Watching the ice melt while your legs are freezing.
  5. windblade

windblade Active Member

GB - you've given me some huge laughs here!

And Soul - I like your new calf/cow picture. Love those cheery paintings.

And everyone's additional Olympics. Can totally relate to every one.

Going back to read them all again. It's so good to have one's everyday world understood!!!
  6. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Uhoh Leah is going to disqualify all of us, how about all the cups of icetea we get that where supposed to be warm :p

We definitely have to include the long distance float! I love floating on my back in the water, could fall asleep that way. Got a kiddy bath last year just wide enough to simply to be able to be weightless for a bit when the weather allows in summer. So relaxing. So I'll do good at that.

And for those who want more challenge how about emptying and storing away the kiddy bath in preparations for the winter olympics. Extra bonus points for that.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  7. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Soul, The kiddy bath sounds so relaxing. I could go for that.
  8. windblade

windblade Active Member

So happy to come here and find today's laugh.
  9. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Yep, me too. Lately the first thing I go to on the computer is this group of threads. I really do rely on all the posters here to keep my spirits up.

I've been going through some extra painful and nerve wracking stuff these last few weeks/months and this site is helping me so much.

I couldn't have made it through lately without all the songs and fun stuff and support on here. Life is still good. GB66
  10. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Instead of medals, we'd win gift certificates for pharmacies. Don't forget the heating pads with our cushions and pillows.

I think our mascot should be an Eagle. We're going to soar again one day. I know it. Our logo can be an eagle flying over a mountain. I like that.
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    freida likes this.
  11. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

GB we might actually be soaring already. Our minds are unbound by any boundaries as becomes clear of all the creative boards we have on here. To me being limited physically has helped in becoming aware of my unlimited self more. Once you no longer can identify with the doing you are somewhat forced to connect to the being more and that is what we are. Human beings. And each of you are wonderful human beings right as you are! I don't think we are even 10% aware of how much our being part supports the atmosphere of this world. Not a single soul no matter how limited physically is any less then the other in being part of the wonderful human family and in making this planet spin the way it spins. We don't have to wait for better days to make the day better already ;)
    freida likes this.
  12. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I think we're all gold medal winners. We keep going when some may have given up and quit. You guys are my heroes.
    freida and Soul* like this.
  13. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

You guys are hilarious!!!

I didn't read all the comments, but let me add one:

Counting how many people who say to you - "I'm just like you, but I push myself."

The winner of this one gets a free year of psychotherapy so they can be reassured that this is all in their head!

Tim
    hangininthere and Soul* like this.
  14. Soul*

Soul* Well-Known Member

Unfortunately Tim, I'm already fully screened by psychologists and they ruled out that there was a psychological reason for my illness... I'll try hard not to win :p

I won't have a hard time not winning the counting game, I constantly forget where I was counting, even if it is only to two. Did I do once or twice??? hmmm maybe three times already.... hmmmm

I am darn good at hammocking though, that might be a hard one to loose on purpose... B)
    tgeewiz likes this.
  15. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Hi Tim

Come back and post whenever you feel up to it.

Rock
    tgeewiz likes this.
  16. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

I've always remembered the reply on a thread long ago about the CFS Olympics. I laugh every time I think of it. It was by Goatwoman. Something like this:

"Ice skating. When you're slipping and sliding on the ice cubes you dropped on the kitchen floor."
    Last edited: May 2, 2014
  17. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I remember that too. We had an Olympics thread many years back and a Joke thread too. For some reason, they were not allowed anymore. I don't remember why.

There was a thread called "You Know You Have CFS If...."
    It was lots of fun. Maybe we should do that on here? GB
  18. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Tim, Nice to meet you. Come back and post in our game threads. GB
    tgeewiz likes this.
  19. hangininthere

hangininthere Well-Known Member

Yes, I loved Tim's reply about the prize of a trip to a psychiatrist who can assure us it's all in our head. LOL.

Patti
    tgeewiz likes this.
  20. tgeewiz

tgeewiz Member

Hi again guys.

I am not actually homebound at the current time - although I have been for weeks/months at a time over the last 9 years.

I can generally manage to drive to a doctor appt. if it is close by and/or go to a local Mcdonalds and get on their wifi. Most days, that is about it.

I will check out some of your other posts.

Tim