The Cholesterol Myth (lots of confusion of there)

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by jaminhealth, Oct 28, 2013.

1. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

Subject: Cholesterol Myth

I've been saying this for many years and still believe it more than ever...I have a new book on order: Primal Body, Primal Mind...the author dedicates a chapter to Dispelling the Cholesterol Myth...

I've been involved with the Weston Price Foundation for a lot of years and they are huge in oil research and also talk about the cholesterol myth.
    Here is just one site and there are many:
    www.cbn.com/.../cholesterol-myth-what-really-causes-heart-disease/‎
    Statins are handed out as badly as anti depressants....

My oil of choice is mostly coconut oil as is Weston Price....jm

Do your research as I have been doing mine for years and it continues but I'm closer and closer the believing it is a huge myth for MANY...
  2. jaminhealth

Know Your Fats

www.westonaprice.org/know-your-fats

I'm one who trusts Weston Price and all their research before I would trust the media world and pharma advice on oils.....we NEED good oils in our bodies for better overall health.
  3. jaminhealth

4. jaminhealth

Reminder on Omega 3 vs Omega 6's....

This is a reminder on the Omega Oils:
    It is important to have the proper ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 (another essential fatty acid) in the diet. Omega-3 fatty acids help reduce inflammation, and most omega-6 fatty acids tend to promote inflammation. The typical American diet tends to contain 14 - 25 times more omega-6 fatty acids than omega-3 fatty acids, which many nutritionally oriented physicians consider to be way too high on the omega-6 side.

Source: Omega-3 fatty acids | University of Maryland Medical Center http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/omega3-fatty-acids#ixzz2j9C9l0wH
    University of Maryland Medical Center
    Follow us: @UMMC on Twitter | MedCenter on Facebook
    __._,_.___
  5. FibroJune

FibroJune Member

Bumping because of the good info from Jam on this.
  6. jaminhealth

JK, my MD is more concerned with homocystine as well, she still does cholesterol but I believe it's the homo that could be the problem.....my levels were all up with my last test and I was pretty bad this past year with processed meats, I'm off them NOW..... to bring down my homo levels, I take Cardio B which my MD recommends.....

It makes me just plain sick at the push for statins on so many who do not need to go that route....it's pharma's route.... I think I have a separate post on statins here somewhere.....jam