The Clock is My Enemy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Aug 5, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

2 a.m and 2 p.m.

I do not know if I am set on some kind of twelve hour cycle, but these are my worst times of day. I awaken every night with disturbing sensations in my body and then around two in the afternoon I again feel at my worst.

I have tried staying up late, going to bed early, changing med times, changing meds (all with MDs OK), visualization, change of routine, rotating supplements, etc.

Is anyone else on this weird clock thing?

Thank you,
    NyroFan
  2. achy

achy New Member

Mine are 3pm and 3am. By 3 in the afternoon I'm whipped and in pain. I'm done for the day.....yeah right. AND I wake up at 3am....But I figured it was the ghost. (long story)

My doc doesn't get it either. My thoughts are that our bodies are on "the clock" but I think our batteries are low and OUR clock runs funky.

If ya figure it out please share!!
    achy

3. Bruin63

Bruin63 Member

Up early in the morning, and then, in bed by early afternoon.
    I gave up trying to get on a normal routine, as I am no longer Normal, lol.

4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I usually go to bed around 10 PM and don't get up until 11:30 to noon. I feel better when I get that much sleep.

I know I'm spending my life sleeping, but I can't help it. I'm up later than normal tonight because I had to get off the computer earlier today because of a hair appointment.

Time used to drag during the night. Now it just goes too quickly and before I know it, it is time that I really need to get up.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I can't go to sleep before 12 midnight and 1am. I wake up around 9-10am.

I tried going to sleep earlier, but when I do, I wake up at 1-2am and do not know what the heck to do with myself in the middle of the night and can't go back to sleep :(

So I go with the flow, bed at midnight, and up at 9-10am.

Not to mention that I can't get out of the bed to function properly for at least an hour and two cups of coffee later!

Shalom, Shirl

6. greatgran

greatgran Member

Oh, what I would give for one good nights sleep. My pattern seems to be I could sleep during the day but can't sleep at night..I go to bed around 11 pm sleep maybe 3 to 4 hours and thats about it..

I am usually awake around 4 am but then around 7am I could go back to sleep and sleep until aboud 3...

I have tried differnt things but seems I just can't sleep even taking xanax..

Oh, to sleep like I did in my youth...
  7. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It sounds like we all have some individual biological clock that we operate on.
    As you suggested, following some routines are not all that bad. And I like the idea of changing times around to see what happens. I might try that approach. Just the thought of 2am and 2pm is enough to make me dread that time.
    This has been going on for a couple of years.
    Thank you,
    NyroFan