The Cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sportsmom628, Oct 18, 2009.

1. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

I live in Illinois and even this summer was not so great, about 2 weeks ago the fatigue hit me like a brick! But this past week or two since the cold started in so much pain! Hips (bursitis), knees (RA)n deep bone pain in legs due to the FM and my neck! My doc just upped my pain meds this week. So I hear you guys!
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I have numerous serious ailments and I, like you, feel worse when the cold weather hits, I guess because our bodies aren't used to it. I definitely ache more in my joints and bones. This time of year is when I really use my heating pad a lot! It really helps me. Moist heat is much better for you than dry heat.
  3. sportsmom628

sportsmom628 New Member

I agree heating pad is what I am about to use right now. I also have a bad tailbone that I hurt years ago and when the weather changes I can't even sit or bend it inflames so bad around that area. Of course it was in the 30's now today suppose to be upto 50 & 60's all week with 80% humidity which also kills me! But what are you gonna do?! I just thank god every day I have such a wonderful, loving supporting husband he truly is my angel :)!
    Are you in a cold weather state also?
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I think my electric mattress pad is the greatest thing since sliced bread! I already have it plugged in. I put it on medium to get the bed warmed up before I go the bed, then set it on low while I sleep. When it is really cold I use medium low. I don’t like to be toasty warm when I am sleeping, just not chilly. It make the winters easier to bear.
  5. jole

jole Member

This summer was worse for me than usual also, and winter...ohhhh...we do not get along! I become a hermit in the winter, leaving the house for doc appointments only. I simply cannot do the getting out in the cold thing at all, it hurts soooo bad, and lasts for days.

The electric mattress pad sounds wonderful. We have a dual controlled electric blanket......hubby rarely turns his on, but my side is never turned Couldn't get out of bed in the mornings without it.