The common cold

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JaneSmith, Feb 12, 2010.

1. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

Haven't had a cold in 4 years. Been taking supplements and added Grapeseed. Also, exercise and get 6-8 hrs. of sleep. Wash hands frequently and don't let people use my phone at work. I like what Jaminhealth has to say. It's certainly working for her. I've had FM most of my life. I'm 58. I'm not bragging, just saying it's important to take the best care of ourselves that we can.

Hugs for a Happy Weekend.

PS - I think it was the Grapeseed that got rid of the brainfog.
  2. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I rarely get sick, have not had a cold in years. I have never take GE. Well, a couple of times but my stomach could not tolerate it.

My dad is 90, edits several newsletters, is the president of his condo association, is mentally sharp but has never taken GE.

Jam there is a world beyond your friends who may get different results than you do. There are also treatments beyond what you use that also may not work for everyone.

I really don't mind what methods you use but in your words you have to "Gotta push it down people's throats somehow...."
    Quote from the "Aspatame has a new name" post.

[This Message was Edited on 02/12/2010]
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

At 65 I can't recall the last time I had a cold. Did I ever get one from my kids? I can't remember, I get hay fever/allergies when certain things bloom. But not a cold. I take my regular pills for bp etc. and a multiple vitamin but nothing else. Seems to be some crazy thing to do with fms???

My last blood work they tested for Vitamin D. I asked him why and he said he does that routinely for people my age. He was surprised when mine came back really GOOD. I said well I take that one a day and he said that was not enough to get it that high.

I smiled at him and said, well, May I please have one thing in the PLUS column then.