Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by richcarson, Aug 2, 2006.

1. richcarson

richcarson Moderator

I am excited to share my all about my recovery and I am working on an article for one of the upcoming newsletters. I am a slow writer and additionally, I have found myself busier than I could have possible imagined now that I am once again running ProHealth. Being the 'CEO' of a company with twenty-some employees is challenging and stressful, particularly after 17 years of total disability. Can you imagine? Nevertheless I am grateful and I love it!

Plus, change is in the air at ProHealth. The team and I are redoubling our commitment to insure that the ProHealth provides our readers with the most comprehensive, accurate, and relevant information for CFS and FM. And we are also committed to selling only the highest quality nutritional supplements that are pharmaceutical grade whenever possible.

Consequently, you will see many changes at the company--in our publications, on the web and in our catalogs. There will even be improvements to this bulletin board (but we will run it by you first--I promise). Plus, we are diligently working on introducing some new and very helpful products that patients will find particularly useful and helpful.

I don't want to keep anybody in suspense so let me tell you that my treatment regime includes juicing (about 14 fresh, preferably organic veggies every day); taking several transfer factor products; an ongoing heavy metal cleansing/detox supplement regime, supplements for IBS, cognitive function, inflammation, and a handful of supplements targeted at specific energy and general health requirements and some that reduce the risk of certain cancers.

I am looking forward to sharing everything I can and I appreciate your patience.

By the way, I actually feel a little bad to tell you that juicing and diet have played an important role in helping me get well enough to work again--bad because juicing and getting a great diet are not easy to do. It is strange, if you think about it, because I own ProHealth--a supplement company. Yet I have learned that taking supplements is not good enough; getting a diversity of super concentrated nutrients from food sources is far more important than I ever imagined. Moreover, it is a lot of work. But it is worth it a thousand times over so I am stuck. It is actually a great place to be 'stuck' and I am eternally grateful for the huge improvement in my health and vitality.

Thank you for your patience in waiting for my recovery story. I look forward to soon sharing everything I have done to facilitate my recovery and to rebuild my health.

I wish you health and happiness.

Rich Carson
    CFS patient
    ProHealth founder and CEO

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 11/20/2006</i>]
  2. tonakay

tonakay New Member

So good to hear from you and can't wait to hear your story and to see what all the new changes will be will. Thank you so much for this board.

Good health,
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

putting the title in bold should help, people are missing this!
  4. Daisys

Daisys Member

Juicing fruit would mean way too much sugar for me, but veggie juicing makes sense. The vegetables we eat today have a lot less nutrients than years ago, so it would be hard to eat enough to meet our needs.

Guess I'll be getting a juicer soon. :)
  5. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

Thank you for this lovely site & all your hard work on our behalf despite your poor health.

It's so good to know that your health is improving on your regime of diet,juicing & supplements; we look forward to hearing about it.
  6. dononagin

dononagin New Member

You rock dude!! Thanks for all you have done for all of us..
  7. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Thank You so much for Prohealth and all that you are

doing. I am looking forward to hearing your story and

the changes.

Wishing you Health and Happiness in return.

8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Your honesty is much appreciated and I wish you the best. I will forever be indebted to you for providing products and this website. I would likely still be on Morphine and bedridden were it not for you and this website you have provided. I am also a big fan of ProHealth products and believe the Guai, transfer factors, colostrum, and ImmunPlex have been crucial in my healing.

I believe you are right on the money about eating good food, full of nutrients. Supplements are also important. One thing I know is that until there is a cure, there is no magic bullet. Treating our illnesses requires a multi-faceted approach. The reason food is so important is that fresh fruit and veggies contain various substances which allow the body to utilize the nutrients.

I am so happy for your success. Please keep us updated. I keep you, everyone at ProHealth, and all our members in my prayers.

Love, Mikie
  9. sascha

sascha Member

i look forward to hearing about your complete program.

veg. juicing is labor-intensive, but the feeling it gave to have that fresh benign substance flowing through my body. i really noticed how good it felt- maybe especially the non-acidic qualities. but then, my juicer broke.

i'm really curious about the rest of your program, especially dietary. thanks! sascha
  10. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I , too appreciate your willingness to share your story. It must be satisfying to be once again running your company. I am grateful for the high quality Pro Health supplements. Along with diet, they seem to be our best answer for now.

I look forward to hearing more from you soon.

11. tlayne

tlayne Member

I want to take this oppertunity to thank you for all that you have done. This message and worship board has saved my life. I am still ill and only working part-time, but when I found this board I had just quit my job due to my poor health and cognitive issues and was very suicidal.

At ProHealth I have found support,understanding, encouragement, knowledge, hope, and friendship. For someone that has suffered so much from a chronic illness such as CFS you have done more to help others then a healthy person or the medical profession has been able to do. I commend you! sincerely, Tam
  12. tonakay

tonakay New Member

13. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Thank you for your work, your honesty, and your optimism.
    In a world where "CEO" has so many negative connotations, you are one that people can respect.

I'm very glad to hear about your remission after such a long stretch of disability, and that you are working on maintaining a company with such integrity, and also sharing your story with others whose lives have been dramatically altered by these devastating illnesses.

This message board alone has to be one of the best on the Web.

Looking forward to hearing more about your treatment regimen and your recovery.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006</i>]
  14. pawprints

pawprints New Member

Thanks for all you are doing for us. So glad you have found a program that works.

Time to pull out the juicer!
  15. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Thanks a million for all you do for us. You are a true gem to have on our side fighting for us. Your products are awesome and so are you. I can`t wait to hear more of your story.

16. spacee

spacee Member

Can't wait to hear more from you about your recovery. It is very exciting to hear that after 17 years of total disability, that you are back.

Congrats on not giving up!

17. jole

jole Member

Today especially I need a word of encouragement, and your post is it. I love this board and the people it consists of, for without it I would be lost.

Thank you for giving us hope and a flicker of light.

18. findmind

findmind New Member

Such wonderful news! Hope is the only thing that keeps me going; this msg board and your story are one of the most important parts of that, along with the NCFs work I've been reading about.

I hate hearing about juicing! It is so hard to clean all those veggies, even tho' I love them! Are there any already prepared ones? MAYBE YOU COULD SELL SOME?

I also have to go too, too far (gas and energy don't permit it) for organic veggies. What would you suggest?
    I can get a few at regular store, but the prices are outrageous.

I am really looking forward to hearing the plans for the future...and hope yours is as strong and hopeful as it sounds!

Thank you so much for all you do for us.
  19. Kay31

Kay31 Member

You have really inspired us by your progress and also your sharing.

My Homeopathic doctor was shocked when I told him of my poor diet. He recommended a local juice bar - which I will pursue immediately....especially after hearing about your progress.
  20. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Isn't it amazing how simple and basic some of the answers turn out to be?

I became a believer in herbs and supplements a few months ago when I stopped a 30 year heavy smoking habit with an all natural herbal patch system, and it was easy too.

I then started ordering supplements from the store here and knew the first day of starting the Fibro Complete Multi with Malic Acid that I felt better. (Just a tiny bit, but noticable, the second day was even better)

I've since ordered many supplements from the store here and my husband is taking them too. His health declined rapidly this past year and although we thought most of it was from an extreme stress level, he also tested positive for Lyme and EBV.

Since I've been feeling a bit better, I've come to the conclusion that our bodies are starving for better nutrition, our soils can't provide it being both overworked from below and poisoned from the air above.

I live in Germany now and see how other countries treat both their health and nutritional needs and I have to say, it's different here. Food is fresh, no preservatives, no junk and people in their 90's are still walking their dogs and going to the bakery every day. (It may take them awhile, but they're doing it)

I have recently come to the conclusion that our bodies have begun to change how they work, just like cars need gasoline...our bodies were never meant to run on junk food and chemicals.

I wish you continued success with both your health and career. This web site means a great deal to us all, I've learned so much here on this site and appreciate everyone who kicks in their time and efforts to keep it running for us all.

Hugs and best wishes,

Nancy B.

<br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 08/03/2006</i>]