The Doc said CYMBALTA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by poeticbobbi, Apr 30, 2007.

1. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

I went to the doctor today and boy did she make me mad! However I kept my cool.First as I was trying to let her know that I was having a reaction (hives and rash) to yet another med,she tells me that she understands that I am glamorous but how about not getting my nails done for a while, what???
    I didn't get the connection.What she went on to say was that the meds make me itch and then I scratch with the acrylic nails and that is where the hives and rash is from, Hunh??
    I told her that I don't itch and scratch I just break out after taking certain meds.My doctor just has a thing about acrylic nails cause she blamed my eczema on them last year.Anyway,I would go along with her but,I had all my symptoms before the nails and still have all the same crap now,no better no worse.
    Now I am gonna start Cymbalta.I ain't thrilled cause I've got to hope it doesn't break me out,hope it doesn't kill my sex drive,hope it doesn't bother my stomach (as most meds do,due to IBS)then hope it works.
    I know some of you out there are on it,I'd love to hear your in put.
    Like;hows your pain,depression,and what side effects have you experienced??
  2. Toga

Toga Member

I've been on it since going off Milnacipran (Drug Study.)

I take 90 mg a day. It has helped me as far as the FM pain in concerned. I certainly have a better attitude towards a lot of things. I guess that is because it is an anti-depressant.

It did not help the fatigue. And I have never lost the weight I gained on the Milnacipran. I have been told the two drugs are similar but are different proportions of the same two drugs.

I would definitely give it a try. I, too, break out from a lot of drugs, mostly pain meds. I do not have this problem with Cymbalta.

Now if there was only some medication for Osteo Arthritis I could take. I have been having pain in my neck, shoulders, arms and hands for several weeks and Tylonol just "AIN'T" taking care of it.

Toga

3. poeticbobbi

poeticbobbi New Member

Thanks Toga.
    Check out some herbal products for the arthritis pain.I don't know which ones may help I've only heard the claims.By the way raspberry leaves (pill form) help with pain, but they too broke me out and just like you, pain meds are not friendly to me.I can't take most of them.