The Doctor

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teacher, Jun 13, 2009.

1. teacher

teacher New Member

I know there are a lot of writers out there. Wanna do something fun? Keep adding to the story!
    I'll start.

The doctor was painting in the park. He was your average man. The type of man that could be easily overlooked in a crowd. But, on the inside, there was nothing average about this man!
  2. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Being a highly educated professional, & respected by all, he had to keep it to himself. Nobody could ever know his Big Secret!!!!!!!

(PS: I LOVE word games! I do hope somebody else joins in.)[This Message was Edited on 06/13/2009]
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

The doctor was just completing his signature in the lower right hand corner:
    W. Clay 09. With that name, he thought as he often did, I really should have
    taken up sculpture.

From the corner of his eye he saw the lady sit down on the adjacent park
    bench. He decided to add a little more shadow to the clouds.

The woman was dressed in inconspicuous clothes. She glanced though her
    paper, threw a few crumbs to the pigeons and a squirrel, and left. A section
    of her paper was left on the bench.

Will packed up his painting gear, casually picked up the paper, and walked
    unhurriedly toward the park gate.

4. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Glancing at the discarded newspaper, he saw it. The photograph he'd hoped to never see again.
    So! That's why the woman on the bench had seemed vaguely familiar!

Something would have to be done about this... And SOON!!!
  5. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

As Jenna prepares dinner for herself and Will she wonders, will tonight be the night? They have had an on again off again relationship for too long. Jenna will not spend much more time waiting for the "time to be right", Will either proposes soon or Jenna was out the door. Permanently!
  6. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Jenna nearly screamed. The blast from the cell phone startled her quite badly.
    "Blast!" she cursed aloud. "I MUST change that ringtone. Why on earth did I choose that silly ringtone in the first place?" she wondered.

It had seemed like a cute idea at the time - a ringtone of that cartoon duck doing his woo-hoo victory laugh, having outsmarted the dimwitted hunter yet again.

"THAT will change the MINUTE I hang up from this call!" she assured herself.
    Smoothing her blouse as she said "hello", (as if Will could see her through the phone), she wondered why he was phoning. He should already be there. Perhaps he was calling to say he'd be late (or cancel their plans altogether AGAIN?).

Her eyes widened in shock, then sheer terror when she heard the voice on the phone... Will walked in the door carrying a bouquet of violets.....
  7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

She tried to compose herself, but her hands were shaking as she put the cell phone down and turned towards him.

Take a deep breath she told herself. Maybe the caller was wrong. God, why did all these things happen at once?

Will came over smiled down at her and gave her the bouquet. She pecked him on the cheek, hoping he would think the tears in her eyes were from getting such a lovely surprise.

He held her close nuzzling her hair. She felt comfort in being held yet chills raged down her back, as how could she not be repulsed towards him after hearing the whispered harsh voice on the phone saying that one word which could change their relationship forever.

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2009]
  8. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

The word had been more of a hissss than a whisper.

That one word:

9. therealmadscientist

therealmadscientist New Member

More than all the times he had swatted at mosquitoes, he wished to fly past his life of anticipation. He was wondering, teased, by the future......but it never came. Perhaps, today?

Perhaps, now that her real name had been found out, Miss Julie Stakes could pierce the future, and make the mysteries transparent to Tom.

[This Message was Edited on 06/14/2009]
  10. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

(Miss Stakes! GOOD one!!!!)

11. gapsych

gapsych New Member

OMG!!!!. Thanks pipi as I did not get it at first. I am laughing so hard, I am sure that it has taken away any creative instincts for the day. Not that I am complaining as we all need a good laugh.

Also like the mosquito/fly reference.

Okay, who is Tom? Is he a new character? Perhaps Will and Jenna's cat? I think I missed something. Not the first time.

[This Message was Edited on 06/15/2009]
  12. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I'm also confused about who Tom is. Tom Cat? Peeping Tom? Tom Boy?

Beats me!
  13. therealmadscientist

Tom Who? I don't know...... I thought someone else had known him when he was called Tommy boy. Tom Who is a mystery to me too. I'll try to find out more about Tom.

Wheeeee.....Perhaps he represents the architypical "Everyman" as in "Every Tom, Dick, and Harry."

I think Tom is the second person to have a name in this story. Too bad we don't know more about him. Poor Julie.

Who are Will and Jenna? I'm confused.

[This Message was Edited on 06/16/2009]
  14. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

I bet "Will" is really "Tom"! He & Jenna BOTH are living under false identities.

They've fallen in love, & each wishes to reveal the truth to the other. BUT! To do so, will be VERY dangerous to both of them!

One has merely run away from an unhappy life. But the other is running away from a KILLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  15. sisland

sisland New Member

As she was in his embrace the chills subsided,,she knew that William Thomas was not after her, but could be her protecter for life,,Jenna really needed to confide in him about the man that was out to get her for something that happened in her past that was absolutley not her fault.

This happening was so secrative that she knew that if she ever told anyone that death would soon follow,,,
  16. gapsych

gapsych New Member

How clever!! I think Jenna will eventually become Tom!!

Remember the expressions from the soap operas, "But what about Tom?"

Sorry to interupt, now go back to the story.

17. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Will, who sometimes went by Tom since that dastardly fraternity prank that landed him in jail, looked down at Jenna.

"Dear one, have you been crying?"

"Yes I have been crying and stop calling me "Dear One". I don't have two names like you."

This caused her to start crying again but were they tears of happiness or fear?
  18. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

It finally hit him! The woman on the park bench - the one with the newspaper - he knew why she looked vaguely familiar! She could have been the sister of that doctor... That doctor from SO very long ago... The one who had done the "reconstructive" surgery, making it possible for him to slip unnoticed, right past you-know-who! The one with the unspeakable name...

Maybe, the woman on the park bench HAD been the doctors' sister!

The doctor had disappeared too, shortly after Will/Toms' final surgery.
    No one had seen him since. Perhaps, his sister was searching for him???

Now that he thought about it.....
    Jenna resembled the man, somewhat.
    Could she - HIS Jenna - secretly be the doctors' sister, too?
    Could Jenna actually BE....... No! Absolutely NOT! His Jenna would never have kept a secret like that... Not from HIM! They didn't have any secrets between them!

Well.. Except for that one secret... Wills' secret....
  19. therealmadscientist

20. Pippi1313

Pippi1313 New Member

Perhaps Jenna, in a time before her own "reconstruction" had been the doctor who altered Will/Tom. BUT! S/he didn't recognize Will as Tom, cuz he'd had more recontruction later?

The woman in the park was indeed "jenna's" sister, who was in town looking for her/him.

The picture in the newspaper had been a picture of the "doc" when "he" went missing.
    The sister assumed her "brother" (now Jenna) would still be basically recognizable to her, even though the investigator she (the sister) had hired, had discovered the "transformation of "the doctor" into "Jenna".

The investigator tracked Jenna to this town, but then lost the trail. (He didn't know what her new name, etc was.)

See? It's all perfectly clear!