The droppies

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by discoverygal, Feb 20, 2007.

1. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

I am getting worse by the day.

Lately I consantly have the droppies. I can't hold on to things. I dropped my makeup in the toilet the other day. I dropped an open container of soup all over my car on Monday.

My legs and arms feel like lead. I feel like I am moving through mud. Every day is a little worse than than the day before.

Thanks for listening. Does anyone else have the droppies?
  2. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Then you should bring it up with your doctor..as it may be something else besides just a FMS thing.
    That being said..I seem to go thru this from time to time myself, but like most of my FMS symptoms...it goes away as quickly as it showed up!
    Dropping things seems to be just one of the symptoms we deal with from time to time, it is n't something I can stop doing..but it does remind me to take my time with things, and that usually lessens the big messes I can cause!
  3. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

and lost one of the diamonds from the setting! Hows that for a dropping disaster!
  4. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

danettesmith:

Once in a while I may have the 'droppies', but the days are far and few between.

IMHO, but I think it is just lack of concentration. (At least for me).

nyrofan
  5. Jordane

Jordane New Member

Yes, quite a bit lately.Been dropping my car keys just about everytime I go to the car.

Even drop the towels and facecloths when I get them from the closet.

Hangers,pins,cups of T,water, pills( the little ones are hatefull)

My hands & fingers do not get the right signal.

Dang them!!!

So Yup, I know where your coming from!!
    Jordane

6. jmcdelaney

jmcdelaney New Member

I have droppies off and on. Initially they lasted for weeks, went to a neurologist who tested for MS (came back negative) amongst other things. I

I usually start off with the feeling like ANYTHING I have to reach for (even just a bit) saps every bit of energy I have, I guess it's is like whole body is dead weight. Sometimes it goes away, other times it turns into droppies...wish I could give you a time frame, but as with everything about FM there doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Good luck and let us know what happens, Joann
  7. achingbytch

achingbytch New Member

I thought the dropping stuff was tiredness or lack of focusing. But now I pick something up and it seems to jerk or fly out of my hand, right hand only. I try to open my aptm keys falls, Carrying 4 bags from market? have to spend 5 minutes deciding which hand carries what bag, like its rocket science. I was writing an article today and half the time I spent trying to recall what word I knew I needed but couldnt remember what word it was...I knew what the word was, just couldnt pull it out the data bank that used to be my brain. It's getting scary.
  8. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

I get these droppies> if fact, on reflection they were one of the first 'symptoms' of what turned out to be cfs/me.

My doctor at the time, who is no longer my doctor, told me that I could expect this to happen as I was not as young as I was (early 40's) and that it was probably linked either to menopause or arthritis. He proved wrong on both counts.

I personally think it's either a lack of energy thing or lack of fine muscle control. However, please ensure that you have all the tests to eliminate something more serious. Not the worst symptom, but certainly very frustrating.
  9. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I dropped my bouquet of flowers (heads broke off) and then my pop in a 5 minute time frame. I heard the checker softly say, "Oh my." Oh my is right!