The Elephant That Sat On ME

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Allen2, Oct 8, 2002.

1. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

was my 1st HMO, CIGNA of Arizona. When I first became ill with Fibro and Facial Neuralgia, the HMO I had largely ignored sat on me. The hrs on the phone, staff incompetence, dr. arrogance, yada, yada, left me enraged. I'm certain many of you are nodding your heads vigorously. It took me a long time, however, to learn some hard lessons. ONE: I had to have realistic expectations of the docs and remember that most of the people involved were really trying to help. TWO: I had to forgive the docs and staffers who added to the misery my illness was bringing. Continually raging to anyone who would listen(my poor wife!) was doing me no good. Carrying a grudge and having a constant attitude was harmful, so I just, well, forgave. I'm not bucking for the Nobel awards...I still have a life to live and nothing in my past or present is going to stop that! Al
  2. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

was my 1st HMO, CIGNA of Arizona. When I first became ill with Fibro and Facial Neuralgia, the HMO I had largely ignored sat on me. The hrs on the phone, staff incompetence, dr. arrogance, yada, yada, left me enraged. I'm certain many of you are nodding your heads vigorously. It took me a long time, however, to learn some hard lessons. ONE: I had to have realistic expectations of the docs and remember that most of the people involved were really trying to help. TWO: I had to forgive the docs and staffers who added to the misery my illness was bringing. Continually raging to anyone who would listen(my poor wife!) was doing me no good. Carrying a grudge and having a constant attitude was harmful, so I just, well, forgave. I'm not bucking for the Nobel awards...I still have a life to live and nothing in my past or present is going to stop that! Al
  3. selma

selma New Member

Forgiveness is a gift we give ourselves.

Thank you for sharing yourself.

Love, Selma