The exercise program I use

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Jun 7, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Hi Sherrie! Glad to "see" you! And very thankful you told me about this site. Do you still go to the Body Flex site?

To everyone else:

The program is called Body Flex. It consists of a couple of tapes and an exercise bar with an rubber cable attached.

The exercises are very simple and the tape before the one that is out now was done sitting down. I don't think you can get that tape on line, but I'm sure you can find it on eBay.

It has you doing a breathing exercise at the same time which is supposed to put your body in to an aerobic state without all that jumping around. The breathing is weird and you will feel really stupid doing it, but it worked well for me. Even when I can't exercise I try to do the breathing part. Helps me maintain.

I was doing Atkins before I started Body Flex, but wasn't losing any inches, just pounds. I lost 15 lbs and still was wearing an 18 or 20. That was very discouraging.

So, while vegging out on the couch one day I saw this infomercial and decided to try it. It had a money back guarantee and quite frankly I didn't expect it to work.

My DH cracked up watching me do it until he realized how well it worked for me. I lost 7 inches the first week, measured over 6 places on the body. I figured just getting off the couch for 15 minutes a day would do that. Then I lost an additional 11 inches the next week.

In total, over about 8 weeks, I lost 52 inches and went from an 18/20 to a 10/12. I am still in a 12 even though my weight has increased some. My size has not increased.

The newest version of the program has a food guide with some really good recipes. You will find that the "diet" is actually simply eating healthy meals. More fruits and veggies, less fat, more whole grains, more lean meats,less red meat. I really liked the brocoli soup but you probably need your Beano with it!!

I don't want to say this will work for everyone. It worked for me and I felt strongly enough about it to do their commercial. Please don't think it will work for you just because it worked for me. We are all different.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

greenbean:

Thanks for the lead. I will look up BodyFlex later tonight and see what I come up with. You never know what works and what does not.

There are so many products and services to loose weight out there it can become confusing and discouraging.

nyrofan
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I use to do bodyflex and oxycise, but i have a TIGHT neck, it never relaxes.It causes dizziness and headaches, like migraines.

i had to stop those becauses I always tense up my neck no matter how hard I try not to.

How do you keep your neck relaxed, and more i,portant do you have neck trouble/ I know we all have our different symptoms.

My neck and shouldert's are the worst for me, typing hurts and tightens me up. that's why I don't get on here much.

thanks
    Claudia
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I do have neck, shoulder, and back problems. I don't notice anymore that it is any worse or any better whether I do the exercises or not so I opt to do them. It did take a couple of weeks before I didn't feel worse when I did them. By then I had lost quite a few inches and decided to keep going regardless.

There are days I can't do them. Days when my neck or back are so bad that I can't turn my head. I don't think it would be a good idea to do any exercise when I can't turn my head far enough to check traffic when I'm driving! Although maybe I could count those as waist twists!!

I don't think everyone could/should do Body Flex. I think some of us are better off trying to use the pool so it supports our weight while we exercise. Hum, wonder if I could do this in the pool.

Most days I can at least do the breathing. Some days, when that knife in my back is being twisted by some evil minded person, I can't even do that. Like I said, I do when I can, don't when I can't. Your neck and shoulder problems may be much worse than mine. You are really the only one who can determine what you can and can't do. If you gave it a good try and it hurt you I can see where you probably shouldn't do it.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  5. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I looked up body flex, and am interested in it, i need to find something to keep my muscle tone, but won't drain my little bit of energy.

Question; Do these breathing ex. cause you hyperventilate?
    I found on negative site, on someone else sight, but they were trying to sell there own product.

They said body flexes breathing was harmful to throat and vocal cords, and it taught hyperventilation, which is bad for your body.

Another canadian sight had nothing but good to say about it. that it had been looked into by dr. and highly recomended it.

I would appreicate your imput, very interested in it, and it's my birthday, friday, and i need some kind of present!LOL
  6. morningsonshine

Greenbean7 where are you???
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Sorry, I'm here. I can only post from work. I have no computer at home. I know, I really should come out of the stone age but can't afford the computer or the internet charges.

I can see where people might think you hyperventalate with this exercise program because there is some weird breathing involved.

What you do is exhale all the "old" air out through your mouth, enhale as deeply as you can through your nose, then quickly exhale all the air out again, tuck your tummy up as far as you can and do the exercise. Sounds harder than it is.

From what I understand the word aerobic means to get the oxygen to the muscles via the blood stream (please, anyone who knows about this stuff correct me if I'm wrong). This breathing method is supposed to force oxygen into your blood stream much like doing aerobics does.

I can see if it was done incorrectly that it could cause a sore throat, but I don't think it would cause damage to your throat or vocal cords. I've been doing it for 3 or 4 years (can't remember) and I haven't had any throat problems.

I can't do the breathing if I have a cold, but some of the girls that go to the Body Flex message board have said it has made their asthma better (I have no experience there) and one who sings said she was better able to sing from the diaphram and get that good deep breath that you need to sing and hold the notes.

The FCC took the Body Flex commericial off the air in 2003 because it said "it isn't about food" and they felt the claims of inch lose were exagerated. The program was changed to include an eating plan and the inch lose claim for the first week was changed from "up to 7 inches" to "4 to 7 inches" in the first week.

Hope that helps. Let me know if I can try and answer any other questions.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. morningsonshine

Thank you so much for answering.

Loved your toilete post story!!LOL
  9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks for the response.

I agree.:)

Claudia