the explosions of the boston marathon..

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ameilie73, Apr 15, 2013.

1. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

Are all over our headlines in britain, my God.
    Our London marathon is this Sunday i have a family member running in it so i want to go watch.

I hope everyones ok

Ameile
  2. mbofov

mbofov Member

My daughter-in-law ran the marathon yesterday, but finished an hour before the explosions so was in her hotel room when they happened. I talked briefly to my son who said she's okay, on FB posted she's shook up. I feel sick about it. It IS sick for someone to do this.

I'm sure there will be huge security at your London marathon -

Best wishes,

Mary
  3. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

I didnt end up going to watch the marathon, i had a bad night. However, i caught it on TV. They had a 30 sec silence at the start, and the runners wore black ribbons and held banners saying FOR BOSTON, it was emotional to watch.

I haven't heard anything from my young cousin who was running as of yet.

<BR

Take care all.

Ameile

[This Message was Edited on 04/21/2013]
  4. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

I don't know of anyone who ran in the marathon but do know some runners who have done so. My daughter also likes to run, and her DH too but he has had foot problems. Don't know if they have any thoughts or runing it but if they did they might have done a shorter race. Don't know if they also have a 1/2 marathon or not at this event.

May God bless all those who got terriblly hurt, maimed (sp?) and killed and their loving families. How awful for everyone and such a great event trying to bring people together . Many others from other nations also come to run in this race, I believe. There were many flags of other nations at the end of the finish line where this all happened.

I surely hope that they find the people who were involved with this awful plot. More prayers for the families and those suffering physical and psychological pain.

Thanks for posting Amelie, Mary and Frieda

Warm HUGZ,
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2013]
  5. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

I cannot fathom the mentality of these so called human beings. I hope they rot.

I didnt think about the rubbish bins freida, thank you for that. We are always warned about looking out for unattended rucksacks or bags. And your right theyve stepped up the security even more for the marathon. Ive always loved watching it since i was a child. All that clapping and cheering left me with aching arms, numb hands, a hoarse voice, but a smile on my face because of the display of kindness and effort from fellow human beings, restores your faith in man kind. Then this...

Just cannot get my head around it. People running to raise money for charities, family events..I find it shocking beyond belief.

Thinking of all those affected

Ameile
    [This Message was Edited on 04/16/2013]
  6. stick2013

stick2013 Member

Is nuts..... Stabbings, shootings, bombs. What's wrong with people? I just don't get it, I don't understand the mentality of killing and maiming for the shits and giggles of it, or even for getting even. I don't understand killing period. I don't know how a person crosses over that line.

What is wrong with our society today? Hell, not today, killing has been going on since the beginning of time. I just don't understand it, and I guess I won't ever understand it. I'm just glad that I have never been one of them.....

My heart goes out to those that have suffered at the hands of one of the weirdos....
  7. mbofov

mbofov Member

This must be so hard for you and everyone who live so close. The marathon sounds like such a large wonderful community event - I never even paid much attention to it (I'm way out here in California) until my DIL started running it a couple of years ago. My heart goes out to all of you-

Mary
  8. ameilie73

ameilie73 Member

..Say they may have arrested someone who they caught on cctv, but cant confirm is that right? Also getting reports of Ricin being sent to senates and president obama.

Ameile
  9. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Member

You can't always go by what our press is saying these days. Apparently this time they really jumped the gun. i guess so many are anxious to have the awful person found and brought to justice. I think that the FBI, etc. is right to not put the pictures out there ( although perhaps someone might have recognized him or them) andthere is also the risk that that will scare the people off so they may never be found. So who knows which is best. I believe they are supposed to have a 5:00 EST press conference today, if they don't change it again.

I just checked in and the press cnference does not seem to be on, it is 4:00 where I live but I am an hour behind them in the Easter time zone. Maybe they changed it again - oh well . Such chaos and awful things happeneding but glad to see some good peoploe step up and help out when needed.

I really think we need to be very careful of information we spread out there to the public. That can be VERY DANGEROUS !! I sure hope they do catch them or whoever involved. Who knows what is best to do in this situation.

Now, I hear that they may be going to release the photos of the individuals . If they do, I surely hope iot helps find these awful people.

I just hope when they are found that they don't hold them in jail forever. You don't want to hear what I would like to have happen to these awful excuse for human beings.

They have already caught the guy that had sent those letters with possible Ricin in them.

Good luck with your UK marathon that your friend or family member was going to run in. Yes, as Leah said just go along with their decision. I wouldn't blame them either way. It might be a very hard decision for them to make, I would say.

Hugz to everyone,
    Granni
    [This Message was Edited on 04/18/2013]