The "F" word ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by opticaltech, Oct 12, 2006.

1. opticaltech

opticaltech New Member

I had a hearing prep for my SSD case with my attorney..he specifically told me not to use the dreaded "F" word to refer to my illness...he said the judge will say "Oh S**T not another one of these cybercondriacs"......This really got me thinking....My hearing is Monday...Please say a prayer...he said I have a 50/50 chance......Lina
  2. mindbender

mindbender New Member

Mine is coming up also. I don't have a specific date. It will be nice to have it all over with. Won't it?

I didn't know about not mentioning the "f" word though. I guess I don't personally know anyone who's done it. It's sad to have a disorder we can't be proud of. teehee.
  3. llama

llama New Member

Hi opticaltech,

Just replied to another message of yours. I'm always very interested in any posts about SSD.

I wonder if we should refer to it as ME? That is the term, isn't it that is recognized in most other parts of the world?

Do you know if you have to use the same dx. as you applied for? When I first applied, I didn't have an attorney yet so I just truthfully put down Fibro. Now I wish that I would have used one of my psych dx. instead.

From what I hear the judges are really "into" psych. problems. I have panic disorder, Bipolar, PTSD and so on.
    Oh well, no use in worrying yet. I probably have a considerable wait for my hearing.

Wish you all the luck in the world!........Jill..........