The fall leaves have turned in KY new pic for Sunday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Oct 17, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Hello all- I took this pic today, it is from my deck. The road you see is the one you drive to get to my house.

Just wanted share for those that live in other beautiful states like the SW but have no trees. I will post a different one each day. Carla
    [This Message was Edited on 11/04/2007]
  2. laceymae

laceymae New Member

Now people can see why I wouldn't want to live any other place.

The leaves aren't that pretty here yet. Hubby says that the drive on the industrial parkway is beautiful.

Hope we have leaves left tomorrow if we get all the bad weather we are supossed to.

Hope all is well with everyone, I haven't posted much this week, I over done it Monday and am trying to rest some.

hugs to all
  3. ckball

ckball New Member

I haven't been over that way but it sure is pretty where I am. I really had no idea how much wooded areas up here, I hope the rain doesn't wash all the leave off.

I hope you feel better soon-Carla
  4. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thank you for sharing. I'll try to remember to look each day. They're beautiful.

5. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Nice picture. I miss the change of seasons. If your pic showed rollings hills, it could be southern Minnesota. Can't beat Minnesota and New England for fall color.

When I was a kid in MN we would drive down gravel and dirt roads, then stop and collect fall leaves and sumac. My mother made arrangements w/ gourds and Indian corn.

We also collected the red sumac leaves. (This was the non-poisonous variety.) Every year my mother asked the same question:

Three words start w/ "SU" and have an "SH" sound. Sumac and sugar are two. Can you think of the third?

The correct answer was, "Sure I can."

6. ckball

ckball New Member

Glad you liked my pic, I have many more and will change them at night so everyone has a chance to see.

I am surprised to hear so many northern states are still green. As I said in my post the road is a ridge between two valleys, one side has turned in the last 2 days and the other side is still green, isn't that odd?

Rock sure sounds like you had a wonderful childhood, explains your witty and charming ways.

I am jealous of the SW people because I love SW stuff, I flew over them when I went to Vegas and it was a beautiful clear day. I love all the colors of the landscape, esp around the Grand Canyon. I will go back one day. Glad you enjoyed will post another one later Carla
  7. biddys2007

biddys2007 New Member

Hi Carla: Your picture is beautiful. I also live in Ky,near Paducah. Our leaves here aren't as pretty as yours are but are turning,what is left of them from the wind last night. We use to live in Pa but moved here 13 years ago,still have family in Pa but with my Ra and my hubby driving truck we done't get to go up very often and our boys don't make it down to often. I'am glad you have so many wonderful hobbies it certainly does help. Take care and I'll keep watching for your pictures. Thanks for sharing the beauty we don't always get to see,appreciate it a lot. Biddy
  8. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Not with this Fibrofog! I'm glad I came across this again. I like the stained glass angel.

9. laceymae

laceymae New Member

My son lives in Lexington.
  10. ckball

ckball New Member

Did you see a angel or trees?? I posted this a couple weeks ago and I had changed the pic. Lexington is about 2 hours from me.

Lacey is about 45 minutes from me. We are blessed with great beauty and the trees are purty too. :) Carla
  11. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

12. littlebrownwren

littlebrownwren New Member

Your picture reminds me of a line in a poem my mom wrote.

"The colors that all artist crave, still in his hand , doth hold"

It also reminds me of a trip I took yrs ago from Georgia up through Tenn, Va and on over into (I think)Wheelright, Ky. Then turning around and headed back and up toward Indiana. It was in the tip top of fall color and was the most breath taking trip. Down through wheelright(SPL) it was like a long valley of fire.

You live in a most beautiful place.