The Family Blues

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hasbeen, Aug 18, 2003.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

I don't post on here very much. Typing just usually causes to much pain. But sometimes we have to vent. I know my husband is tired of hearing it. But it's my brothers and my sister-in-laws that are bringing me down. The same old story they think there isn't any thing wrong with me. And they can't stand it because my Mom and Dad helps my husband and i out with our financial situation right now. And it's not like they don't help them with so many things too. They just think he shouldn't help me because I don't work anymore. The sad thing is my brothers know I've worked hard for many years. It just really brings me down. I don't know how to handle it. I intend on paying most of the money back when or if i get my SSD. It still will not be any different if I get on SS. They are just rude stupid people. My s-i-laws are brown nosing butt kissers when it comes to my Dad. Well i guess I should quit my belly aching and get off here. By the way it's been 2 and a half years since I started my SSD case. My husband and young son keep me above the water.
  2. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

PLEASE DON'T LET YOUR FAMILY GET YOU DOWN.
    ITS HARD ENOUGH TRYING TO LIVE WITH FIBRO AND ANY STRESS WILL MAKE YOU WORSE!!! SO STAY WITH HUBBY, MOM AND DAD AND DONT HAVE CONTACT WITH DISBELIEVERS IN YOUR FAMILY.
    THEY SHOULD BE THERE FOR YOU NO MATTER WHAT!!!BUT WE HAVE ALL BEEN THROUGH THIS WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS SO DONT YOU GIVE UP AND KEEP YOUR CHIN UP GIRL!!!JUST DONT MENTION FIBRO AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE AS BEST YOU CAN.
    MOM AND DAD LOVE YOU SO THATS ALL U NEED AND THE SUPPORT OF HUBBY.
    BEST WISHES RENA UK

[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2003]
  3. CrazyHorseLady

CrazyHorseLady New Member

My own mother didn't believe that I had cancer even when I was in the hospital....so forget about her trying to believe about FMS. Would be so nice to have some support from family members. My hubby tries but still doesn't understand.
    This seems to be a private DD.

CrazyHorseLady
  4. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

Mainly because they all have Health Issues also.

It's my Hubby's family that was the problem, till we had a dx with a name ,for what was causing me the Pain 24/7.
    I have the Combo of FMS/CMPD and then add in OA and just dealing with the challenges that I have with everyday life, is hard enough, without having Toxic People around me,.

Now of course, they Understand, so there isn't the guilty look's and attutide that they had towards me. At one time they thought that I was just Manulipating my Hubby with my Illness.

Well they finally saw it wasn't true. It took time, and I just quit going to the Family Outing's, I'd go once in awhile, but since I now live over 1800 miles from them, No Problem. Hubby goes to Visit, and I stay home because I can't Fly now a day's, lol, there are Perks if you Look hard enough. ;o)

Try giving them some of the Information that is oout there on the Internet, that is what I did. I didn't care if they read it or not, that was up to them, I just handed them a Print out of the "Lettters To Normals", and Dr. Starlanyl's, A Guide For Relatives and Companions, you can find that on her website, just type her name into your search engine, and a Menu will come up that offer's a lot of Great Information that is Computer Friendly for Printing out Articles by Her.

Good luck to you, and just remember , it's Your Pain, and you will deal with it as You need to. Don't let other's make you feel bad about being sick. Someday, it could happen to them too. Good luck on your SSDI, it sometimes takes awhile, so hang in there.

As I said before, all 5 of my Siblings have FMS, along with other Co-exisiting condition's. So they do understand, sigh! Hate these DD's.

Sincerely,
    sharon