The First Week of Work

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ALEESLP, Jun 20, 2008.

ALEESLP New Member

I made it through the first week back at work but it wasn't easy. Today, I ran a fever of 99.7 but was able to bring it down with aleve that also helped with the slight headache. i did notice increased confusion today. I dated a note 9-20-08 instead of 6-20-08. I had terrible stomach difficulties today but was able to push through. Now I am so exhausted that I can barely keep my eyes open. I truly hope that I am not going back to pre-Valcyte days when I barely made it through the week and then crashed on the weekends without leaving my bed or couch. Thanks to everyone who has been so encouraging to me on this board. I have found out that 2 very important surveyors are coming to our hospital in the next month and that is going to require some extra work to be ready. If anyone has any stress reduction techniques that work, I would appreciate hearing them.

2. CKater

CKater New Member

I go back to work on July 7, and frankly am scared to death already. Good for you, and best of luck!
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please don't push yourself so that you are back to square one, or even worse. If we ignore our bodies' signals, our bodies will shut down to save our lives. That is what happened to me and I ended up bedridden and on Morphine. I should have stopped working far earlier.

After six years, I made a run at working again part time. Problem is that the training was full time for a month. I caught the horrible cold going around the office and simply could not get over it. My energy reserves were draining away. This was a stressful position. Before I got any worse, I quit that job and am glad I did. I had to stay home and rest up and it took time, but I wasn't bedridden again.

Finally, I readjusted my expectations and took a simple, part-time job which I can handle. I have found that I can work more hours than when I started. Sometimes, we have to ease our way back to work and not just jump in and try to stay afloat.

I know this isn't what anyone wants to hear but I wish I had known this back then. I applaud everyone who is continuing to work with difficulty and everyone who is trying to go back to work. Please, just take care of yourselves.

Love, Mikie