THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Dannielle, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

hello everyone i was wondering how many of you out there have a very tender headed i used to be so tough headed and now i cant stand to even touch a strand of hair on my head i have never been this way at all its like my whole head is tender to the touch at anytime and when i lay down the back of my head hurts so bad its so tender feeling is this normal it drives me carzy i would appreciate any answers thank you in advance Dannielle
  2. Dannielle

Dannielle New Member

hello everyone i was wondering how many of you out there have a very tender headed i used to be so tough headed and now i cant stand to even touch a strand of hair on my head i have never been this way at all its like my whole head is tender to the touch at anytime and when i lay down the back of my head hurts so bad its so tender feeling is this normal it drives me carzy i would appreciate any answers thank you in advance Dannielle
  3. kadywill

kadywill New Member

big ouch just to get it combed after I shampoo. I never had this problem before this DDDDDDDDD disease!
  4. Allen2

Allen2 New Member

Head pain is bad pain: mine is primarily in the face. You might consider seeing a neurologist to look more closely at this particular problem. I belong to a message board for Trigeminal Neuralgia, since my ailment is similar. Nothing to fool around with. God bless, Al
  5. epicurean

epicurean New Member

Mine starts just before a flare-at least I have a warning when it's coming.
  6. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

different disease. I read that it has something to do with the veins or/and arteries being swollen. I wish I could find that info I lost it. I think it was called Polymyalgia. (sp). I was going to ask the doc about it and forgot till your post. Thanks for the reminder. But, then I guess it could also be just part of FMS. I will have to do a search again. Maybe we all should, check it out.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

It is an inflammatory Rheumatic disease affecting mostly women over the age of 50. An ESR blood test (aka a sedimentation rate) can rule it out, and a course of Prednisone can confirm the dx. Prednisone, and cortisone in general, help PMR immensely, whereas they don't help FMS much. Rarely, someone with PMR will develop a sudden very, very severe headache. This is called temporal arteritis and is an inflammation of blood vessels in the brain. The headache is usually worse at the temples, unlike FMS headaches which are usually worse around the back of the neck. It is imperative if a PMR patient gets this type of headache that they go immediately to the Emer. Rm., as leaving this untreated can result in blindness.
    Having said all that, a sensitive scalp with sore bruised feeling spots and even creepy crawly feelings in the scalp are pretty common in FMS patients. I hope that it's not anything more than that. No harm getting it checked out to be sure.
    Hugs, Klutzo
  8. TaniaF

TaniaF Member

tested for polymyalgia too with a SED rate but it wasn't. It comes with flares and usually with a headache. I have had these spells for years--off and on. Make sure you are not in a draft or have a fan blowing on the top of your head. I find relief with a warm shampoo and the heat of the hair dryer. Sometimes I throw the heating pad on my head. I look strange but it relieves my soreness. Other friends swear with cold treatments.
    Tania
  9. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

was told mine was hemiplegic migranes-not sure about that I amgoing back to the neurologist to recheckbecause the burriness comes and goes and nothing physically wrong with my eys. Just have very dry eyes and mouth, but use saline drops and that does not clear it up.

Get to a doc and see if you can get an rxplanation-remember not everthing is fibro. Over the past two years I have been diagnosed with several other things that I put off to fibro, for example I was running around with very severe shoulder and neck pain for a long time and found out I had 2 ruptured discs and was colapsing between c5,6and 7-had to have neck surgery, spinal fusion-I ammuch better in that area and do nto get the pain i used to.

when I get new symptoms that as far as everything I have read and researched are not fibro-I get it checked out.

wishing you a headache free day

cathy
  10. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

I have the Scalp pain that is caused by a Trigger point called "Splenius capitis", it also causes eye problems.

Some days I can't even touch my hair with a brush.
    One thoes days I take a very Warm shower and just let the warm water flow on the top of my head, I don't use any shampoo's, just the water and then I also do a Massage that will help to relieve the pain.

I have the combo of FMS/MPS and sometimes it's hard to tell if it's just that thing again or if it's something that a Dr. should check on to make sure it isn't anything serious.

You might want to check out more infor on Trigger Points, besides the Library here, another good website is at;
    http://www.sover.net/~devstar/trpdef.htm

I didn't believe I had these stupid DD's, till I read on the board about Hair hurting, and realized that I wasn't the only person who had this kind of Pain and that I wasn't a Nut. lol.

Sinceerely,
    kredca4/sharon
  11. XRAYFFDANIEL

XRAYFFDANIEL New Member

i wonder? what you have complained about also is caused by TMJ syndrome?
    tmj pain can cause head to be tender/

dan

GOD Bless
    9-11-01