The healing power of prayer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shaz73, Feb 8, 2010.

1. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

I've had Chronic Fatigue pretty much since I got Glandular Fever when I was 18 (I'm now in my mid thirties). Became a christian nearly two years ago & this sunday I went up for prayer for my CF. I have been feeling very tired lately and was feeling that way in the service, but after going up for prayer I had much more energy. Its an ongoing process and I believe that God and I are in this together & he knows what he is doing, even if I dont always!

Just wondered if anyone else had any experience of this?

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

All the great ppl of Scriptures went through hard trials, but in the end accomplished great things: Moses, Christ, Job, Joseph, Daniel, Elijah, el al.

It's a deep philosophical thought but, how has this CFS experience help you become a better, stronger person?

Even from nature:
    1) A caterpillar emerges from the cacoon as a butterfly, but if you help it out of the cacoon, it dies. It must struggle by itself.

2) If you help a baby chick from its shell, it too will die everytime.

3) Trees planted in a cave in south Texas died, they had water, artificial light, nutrition but...NO WIND. Arbolists have now discovered that the wind helps the trunk grow properly.

If your parents were rich and your health perfect, you might be spoiled and selfish. Maybe never finding Christ.
  3. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

4. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

That's the placebo affect of religion. It happens with ANY religion. I've seen people go to voodoo meetings and feel better for alittle while afterwards. But guess what, it doesn't last. It's a placebo. You can go swim in some holy water and get the same effect, but it won't last. You can touch every blessed statue on the planet and feel great for alittle while, but it won't last.
  5. 3gs

3gs New Member

Shaz,yes I have had this happen. Keep on believing, we never know what the plan is!
    My sister keeps me on the prayer list at her church.

Does it always work? No,there are still bad times,but having postive engery around you can't hurt. I miss going to church know I felt better when I did.

Its been proven prayer heals...
  6. badge53nj

badge53nj New Member

Never, Never underestimate the power of prayer.

Yes, difficult as it may seem God is with you. And remember His way are not our ways.

I have been there.

best regards,

7. Elisa

Elisa Member

He is the greatest Physician...keep on praying. Share your needs...He will guide you and light your path!

God Bless,

8. FibroFay

FibroFay New Member

Often the healing we receive is Spiritual healing and not necessarily physical healing. For me personally, I've experienced great spiritual growth during periods following prayer for my healing. I would not trade the spiritual healing for all the physical healing in the world.

Keep on believing, Shaz. God will never let you down.

9. deb_46

deb_46 New Member

Besides my health issue I'm going through a divorce after 32 years and without prayer there is not way I could go on. I had kinda gotten out of church and when the marriage was getting so bad I got back in but hubby would not and my church and kids and grandkids are the only reason I'm here today.

I have had so many prayers answered and blessings this past year it is unbelievably. The prayers were not always answered in my time but in God's time and that is the right time. Hey we are not even officially divorced yet and my husband has the gall to bring the town wh#$% to my grandson's basketball game this past Saturday and we haven't even had the divorce talk with our grandson yet I did not attack him or yank her hair out even though I wanted to. I sat there in prayer asking God not to let me do anything that would not be pleasing to him and I managed to make it through. Broke down in tears as soon as I got out but made it through the game.

Do not give up on the prayer, just be patient.

10. bakeman

bakeman New Member

however it would be nice for all of us to be healed tonight in our sleep. I'll say a prayer before I go to bed. See y'all in the AM!!!!!!!

11. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I absolutely believe in the power of prayer, bc I absolutely believe in the power and the love coming from the One to whom I pray. However, that does not mean that all of my prayers are going to be answered the way that I envision them. I see only a very small picture of my life here on this earth, but I believe that my heavenly Father sees a much bigger picture. So, it only makes sense that my picture might be missing something that could make a difference as to why certain prayers get answered in ways other than what I might be expecting or hoping for.

Looking back over my life thus far this has certainly turned out to be true. Some of the things that I have prayed for have turned out how I wanted them to. Others have seemed at the time to get disappointing or upsetting or otherwise difficult answers. Yet, in the long run, God's answers have often shown to be far better than what would have happened if things had gone how I asked for them to.

As to being sick, I certainly would not have chosen this, and I pray often for improvement. I don't understand all the reasons why I am still sick and have been getting sicker, but I do certainly see some good things that have come out of being sick. One of those is that my relationship with God has improved a lot (and actually that is what prayer to God is really about - having a relationship with Him - it's not solely about asking Him for things).
  12. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

I agree with everything that you said. You stated it so well. I wish I could express my feelings the way you are able to do. I have grown so much spiritually and emotionally during these trying times with CFS and FM. I too pray for healing and am hoping one day to be healthy again. I'll never give up hope. In the meantime, I want to be as strong and content as possible and keep trusting God for everything in my life. GB66

13. nah.stacey

nah.stacey Member

Well put AuntTammie.

This illness brings you to your knees in more ways than one. Faith in God is hope, hope that tomorrow you'll feel better, hope that they will find a cure, faith that someone is listening and yes, sometimes it's even the hope that He will bring you home.

Without hope we are nothing. Without God we are even less.

May God bless you,
  14. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

I do believe in the power of prayer and healings and dont let anyone or anything (SATAN )steal your healing . you just keep giving GoD the Glory for it and see come to be ! I will agree in prayer with you ! Please pray for me to receive a healing also. Thanks and God continue to strengthen you, increase your energy and heal you completely IN JESUS Name I pray this. Amen
  15. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

thats quite a response. I was a bit hesitant to post this as I kinda expected some hostility from some people. But hey, freedom of speech and all that. I can understand peoples scepticism but this is a true experience that happened to me. Whatever works, eh?

Dont knock it til you have tried it.

Thanks for the several supportive posts...
  16. chrissy12

chrissy12 New Member

I say yes to prayer. This is a time because we are all quiet where we can find that stillness that lives within us ( Yes, God). The peace I am experiencing at this time of my life is only through the spiritual growth and God's quiet presence. My body may be physically ill, but I am a stronger, healthier person spiritually than I ever have been.

Does that mean I don't have pain and suffering. Yes, I do, many times, but I lean on that strength to get through it. When I am not fighting this disease and accepting it for now, I have a much better day.
  17. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

I'm not a fan of the church trying to make various diseasees just vanish because, when it doesn't happen, for some UNGODLY reason they try to blame YOU for it: You're not praying right, you don't understand, your heart isn't in the right place, there is evil in your life somewhere and you have to find it first. In other words, you're not being healed because it's something YOU are doing...........Bull!

I asked God to heal me. And I tell you, spiritually, I AM healed. I would NOT be the person I am right now without God's intervention in my life. But is my body still sick? Yes. Because we all get sick and eventually die, there is not getting out of that! That doesn't mean God doesn't love us and it doesn't mean we've done something wrong that we have to "pay for": Our SOULS are the eternal parts of us, and we're only in these bodies for a small time compared to that. You know that's true when you feel the life inside of you, even when your mind is tired and your body is weak. God will take care of your soul, and give you comfort and patience to deal with the physical limitations that we ALL have to endure.

God bless you <3
  18. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

Thanks for your responses to me.....I tend to hesitate to write about this stuff, bc although I definitely have a very strong faith, I am usually not sure if I am actually explaining it accurately.....and even though I am more than happy to share what I believe, I don't want to force it on anyone

.....however, on the other hand, my faith means everything to me and has brought me thru so much, I also don't want to neglect sharing if it can help someone else, and can bring even a small amt of glory to God

I am happy that both of you also have the hope that comes from knowing God
  19. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Also agree - well said Aunt Tammie...

I believe that incredible things can happen - but not necessarily when WE want them to. That's why people get upset, become disappointed etc. It's funny, I pray, maybe I talk more...I mostly ask for strength or to watch over others, but usually I'm being grateful.

I also believe that IF you believe, that alone can do wonderful things for you. I wouldn't call it the Placebo effect. If you believe that you live your life differently when you believe in certain things or in certain ways.
    Works right into having a positive attitude..same lines of thinking.... (for those who don't "believe")
  20. TigerLilea

TigerLilea Active Member

Sixpac - Billions of people around the world don't agree with you. Just because you don't believe doesn't mean you have to be disrespectful to the people who do believe in God.