The Healing Rooms

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by monkeykat, Apr 30, 2004.

1. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi everyone,
    I had just responded to another persons post. I thought I'd ask if any of you had heard of "The Healing Rooms".

A friend of mine told me about them recently so I visited. They started in Washington state and have been popping up all over the country over the past few years. They are non-denominational in nature and they are located in office buildings (not churches) so that people of all churches and non-believers feel welcome to come for prayer. Also, persons of all denominations are welcome to receive training if they feel called to pray for the sick.

They were very professional when I went for prayer. A group of 3 people prayed for me. They asked me before they did anything. They asked me if they could put their hand on my shoulder and they were gentle and caring. It was amazing how the gifts of the Holy Spirit operated through the people praying. They told me things that no one else knew about me and confirmed the things that I had already felt when I had prayed about my illness. They sent a letter to me recently with statements from those who have been healed. It's really great to know that God is still healing and doing miracles in our day:) Sometimes God heals us through our doctors and that that is what I'm pursuing right in addition but I also regularly go for prayer too.

Anyway, I don't know the locations of all of them but I have the phone number in Cleveland, Ohio (440.833.0212). If you are interested in finding out more then maybe they can give you a website or phone number to the one that may be nearest to where you live.

God bless,
    Kathy
  2. Scoobsmom

Scoobsmom New Member

thank you for the info...I am going to pray about this and speak to my hubby. You know we are just outside of Cleveland area. My church does have elder prayer, but do I do not feel accepted by some of the prayer warriors...I believe that is my struggle though....Thanks! Hugs to you!
  3. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I think it's such a great idea. When I get my health back I'd love to give of my time to pray for others as part of a ministry like that.

I'm going out of town for a few days to visit a doctor in Flint, MI so I won't be back on here to check messages until May 5th.

It's really fun to get to know you guys better:)
    Have a great day!!!
    Kathy

4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Hi Winnie,
    I understand your concern. They profess Jesus Christ and do miracles in his name. The people that pray for you have all been screened and have had to had a salvation experience. Then they receive training to pray for the sick.

They have a short questionnaire that they have you fill out prior to getting prayer. They just want to know basics of where you attend church if you do, salvation experience, baptism in the holy spirit and things like that. They are pretty sensitive to where people are at in their faith ans pray accordingly.

I'm leaving to go out of town in a few minutes...take care all of you:)
    Kathy