The Hearing Is Over

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MamaDove, Sep 25, 2006.

1. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thank you all you well wishers too...I went in with a good attitude and spoke only truth and the judge was soooooooo nice...

What I can tell you now is that to my surprise the vocational person didn't show and they couldn't find him so the judge decided to continue so "the claimant didn't have to wait any longer"

It was televised and nothing like you are told to expect...The judge actually let my lawyer ask the questions FIRST and it was so informative to the judge he only asked me 3 questions...

1) How long can I stand when I am cooking?

2) How long do I walk in the store before I feel I 'want' (not need, he rephrased it) to sit down?

And last but most definetely the most important in his eyes,

3) What therapies are you having, I see by your records (he actually read my file) you don't take many meds but also you have many different health concerns and are not being treated for any of them (looked perplexed to me even on the tv screen)

BTW...I waited 25 minutes for my attorney who arrived with a wet head and 5 minutes before the hearing was to start and another 25 for the vocation officer to NOT show up...tehe

In concluding the hearing the judge said this:
    " I am concluding this hearing and I thank the claimant for her testimony...We did not have the vocation officer here today but I feel I can make my decision swiftly without him, I will have a letter sent right off to you (looking at my lawyer) and also notify the claimant"

To me it sounded like a 'slam dunk' but I won't take it for granted, after all I have waited 2 years for what I thought I initially deserved right away...I am thankful the judge was very pleasant, very calm and my attorney, although he stressed me beyond words, was there for me when I needed him the most...My attorney said afterward that I did 95%, what he really wanted was for me to completely lose it , curse, throw something and storm out...WOOHOO!!! He must know something about me...tehe...But like I said, I went in there with a positive outlook and full respect toward this judge and the entire process (as crooked and disorganized as it is)...

I let you know if I lose again...And if I win too :)

Love and much thanks for all the good thoughts that came my way...Hopefully, peaceful days are ahead of me soon~Alicia
  2. museinhighlands

museinhighlands New Member

Hope all goes well for you, sounds like it went well.

I had my hearing few weeks ago, but it's open until doc appt 9/27 info is included, the waiting is hard eh?
  3. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I'm so glad it is over and hope you are awarded the funds you deserve.

We will be looking forward to hearing a positive post!
  4. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you, lol. Am I ever glad I didn't have to go through anything like that!

hugs Redwillow
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

you'll be fine...
    jodie
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

While I was readying myself for this ordeal, I kept referring to your post and some others...Funny, that no matter how we prepare, what we are told by others who have experienced, it's always MUCH different...

Like my judge, what a sweetheart...Seemed like he truly cared about my health and situation...He actually listened intently to my lawyers questions and then my answers...And what blew me away was the questions he asked of me...Short and sweet as were my answers to them...

I hope you are right when you say I should expect an answer soon...Even though the nightmare seems over, ya never know what's around the corner...Hope I don't owe any $$$$$ to anyone that will take my backpay (like some I've heard on here) and hope my case doesn't get another look by someone and needs more info to process...I am prepared for the worse, but hoping that all else will fall into place and that's the end of it...

I said to my lawyer as we left, "This is the beginning of the rest of my life"...I still don't know exactly why I said it then OR what I really meant by it...Time will tell.

Thank you again for all of the details about your hearing, it helped me and I know it will help others as well...Your tops on my list Lamotta...Keep up the good work!

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  7. Vette

Vette New Member

Just as it was in your Hearing, my Attorney asked me all of the questions, and I expanded on the answers as he told me to, the Judge only asked me only a few questions; Do you go to Church?, "yes when I can", So four times a month?, I said "no, I average about two a month and if I can only do one part I skip Sunday School and go to Church". She then asked if I belong to any women's groups in the Church, I told her "No, I can't because I'm not reliable, I wouldn't be able to say I could be somewhere on a certain day, or bring a dish of food, because my condition changes all of the time". I pray for a fast response. I would like to have had a more personable Judge like your's was. This one kept moving about, up and down and seldom looked at me as my Atty questioned. So, You and I will wait together.
    Vette

[This Message was Edited on 09/26/2006]
  8. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

MamaDove:

I am glad you got to the hearing.

I know you will win!

nyrofan
  9. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

Thank you Honey...

Hope this finds you feeling better and those boo-boos healing nicely...

I am exhausted today because of the drive to the hearing, the hearing, then the drive home...But I wanted to get in my garden and pick the 'harvest' only to find many buggies ate my potatoes...

Whadda ya know...The phone rang when I typed the last paragraph, I answered the phone and FORGOT what I was doing...At 39, am I not too young for a senior moment...Too bad this happens 100 times a day...Darnit!!!

Okay, now I must stop typing, I have had it...

Love to all~Alicia
  10. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I tend to think that I be very surprized if you don't
    get a favorably letter. The fact that one of the "Experts"
    failed to show up only sits in your favor in case of a
    request for a review. You could in theory make the case
    that the "expert" could have gave testamony in your be-
    half and through no fault of your own was not given that
    opportunity. I believe a round of "Shirley Temples" and
    "Buck Rogers" are going to be in near future! Kudos to
    you!!

MRDAD
    [This Message was Edited on 09/26/2006]
  11. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

If/When I get the favorable letter...The drinks are on me!!!

Thank you for the positive words, they are definetely needed while I wait...

Peace~Alicia
  12. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

posted on this last night. Is it the electronics on the board? No, it's more likely the electronics in my head that are confusiated.

Sounds like things went well. I hope your favorable letter
    arrives promptly.
  13. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

You always make me smile!!!!!

Peace~Alicia