THE HOPEFUL AWAKENING OF DOCTORS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hartogold, Apr 21, 2006.

1. hartogold

hartogold New Member

I haven't pursued this online yet, but one of my doctors told me something wonderful last week. She said that in order to be recertified as of 2006, doctors in California they have to learn about and pass a test on Chronic Pain Syndrome.

She's going to get me the information and details the next time I see her.

Yey! We're finally going to be a "valid" disorder!! Awareness and education is what it takes for people to understand...or to at least walk a mile in our shoes :) (when we can walk).
    Hugs,
    Sandy
  2. mai

mai New Member

Hi Sandy, Firstly, I am sorry no one has replied to your posts, I know how disheartning that can feel. (Maybe that's just me! Lol!) Yeah, any step forward, is a massive step, if it means educating the Medical profession to our plight!

Wonder if you will be able to print out, whatever information your Dr. gives you? That would be great! I think it will be many moons before it happens here in Scotland!

Here's hoping though!!!!!!! Love & Peace To All Mai Xxx :)
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  3. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Even though I have a wonderful, caring dr, we havent discussed heavy pain meds yet.

The pain just keeps getting worse and the meds Im on just arent doing it.

Let us know what happens...

Suzette
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is so long overdue, and again, I cannot but say(sorry to the guys here) but I believe it is because the medical profession is largely maile dominated and the illness hits mostly females. It is since men are getting this DD that they are validating it.

Well whatever the means at least that is great news, let us hope other staes follow. I understand that Maine already has this and part of the certification is to issue good pain meds that work without fear of losing one's licence!

Good Post. Love Anne C
  5. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Hooray! FINALLY! Now, we just have to wait for the recertification process for our doctor....and hope they are still open-minded enough to learn and apply.

Thanks for the good news.

Sue
  6. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

has been that the primary victims are white women aged
    40- 60 . HOWEVER , many men suffer terribly , and children also .

Had the majority of afflicted people been minorities or
    men , docs ( and the CDC ) would have had a sense of urgency in studying it . Instead , it was largely dismissed as neurosis , EVEN AFTER THE CDC DECLARED IT A
    PRIORITY NUMBER ONE INFECTIOUS DISEASE IN 1996 .
  7. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I'm in Ontario Canada but recently the government had added a code to our health plan for CFS. That means it is considered a real illness!!

Kathy.
  8. Sbilek

Sbilek New Member

Yes, this is encouraging news, indeed.!!!

Sbilek
  9. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

That's great! I wish we had that here in Nashvill, TN.

I was thinking I should see an endocronologist instead of a Rhuemy, I think they are the wrong doc's for CFS/FM.

The only Rhuemy here who seem's to study it, has a "god" complex, he won't listen and tell's me what he is going to do to me.

I thought I finall found a good doc, he has been until I told him my pain med's are no longer working and he won't prescribe anything else for me.

Any way, I'm glad some doc's are studying and validaying this condition, I hope other's follow their example.

Best wishes,
    Claudia