the i's have it

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by itchy, Oct 25, 2002.

1. itchy

itchy New Member

Hi, I'm new here.
    Wanting to know if anyone out there suffers from severe itching and if so how to combat?

Will insurance actually cover massage therapy & physical therapy if the dr. indicates medically necessary?

Thanks for any replies!
  2. itchy

itchy New Member

Hi, I'm new here.
    Wanting to know if anyone out there suffers from severe itching and if so how to combat?

Will insurance actually cover massage therapy & physical therapy if the dr. indicates medically necessary?

Thanks for any replies!
  3. dd

dd New Member

Just wanted to welcome you. I don't have any itchy feelings. Sorry I can't help you there.

As for insurance covering massage therapy and physical therapy it depends on the insurance you have. I am on SSD and have Medicare and they do cover it as long as I have a script from my dr.

Again, welcome.

Debbie
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Lisa told us about this. By using the children's version of this med, we can take a small dose during the day which will help with the itching but not make us sleepy. At night, it can be taken in larger doses to help with sleep.

Seems our little cells which lie close to the surface of our skin are more apt to release histamine than in the "normal" person.

Love, Mikie
  5. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I too suffer from severe itching from time to time. That That is one of the most aggervating things to me. My itching is mainly on my arms and shoudlers. I get a some little bumps and they drive me crazy. I tried spray some "anti-itch" (yeah right) on me to help but it didn't. Sometimes it keeps me up all night because I can't get any relief. I usually scratch those little bumps till I bleed! I've heard that if you will take an oatmeal bath (aveno sp?) it will help. I'm going to try that next time. Also the children's benadryl should help but get the kind that doesn't have the dyes in it. (just get the clear kind) Alot of us with this dd are allergic to the dye. Take care!

Hugs
    Crissie
  6. itchy

itchy New Member

That's exactly it. Severe itching especially on the arms, shoulders and upper back. I, too have bumps thatappear like skin eruptions. Again, I too scratch (usually) until I bleed. Almost feels like thousands of pins sticking in me. I have tried benadryl, didn't phase it at all. I get some relief from Aveeno cream with menthol. The itching seems to be worse in the evening and keeps me awake too. Anyone else who has suggestions on how to cope with this, please post.
    Thanks again Crissie!
  7. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

welcome to the group. I am new too! I do have itchy spots now and then, but not constantly. Usually I try lotion first, but if that doesn't help then I use Benadryl cream. It helps. I haven't had to see the Doc for it though. Hope yours isn't that bad! Itching can be miserable.
    My insurance does not cover massage therapy but does cover physical therapy. I think they are all different!
    GOod luck,
    Duff