The last week in this house...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Suzan, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Well..the stars ..or the gods..or whatever..are just smiling on me these days..
    Dh left this morning for a work trip to St Louis..and won't be back till Thursday evening...And then he MAY be going up to Wisconsin next weekend...

Be still my heart.
    I will have several peaceful days...and be able to get ready to move...and HE may be gone to WI next weekend while I actually am moving..At least that is what he told Brian he may do..HOLY COW.

Met with my atty. on Monday...and things are going well on that end...and he advised me to say nothing about leaving..unless dh doesn't leave the house for the weekend. He definately seems to have my back in all this...and has given me good answers for any question I have about now..and about the future...he has good ideas for how to make sure that I am cared for financially...and that is my biggest worry...I can handle the emotional stuff ok...but the finances...well, that is down right scary at 54 years old.

So..a few days of peace...I cannot say how good that is making me first real break from the stress I have been living with day in and day out. I said...the gods are smiling. truck was acting up yesterday...brake lights went on...Dh looked at it...but then agreed I should take it in...When he tried to tell me HOW TO DEAL WITH THIS. I just said I know what to do. He got all huffy..and went to his room and slammed the door.

My son and I took the truck into town..and although the place was closed for the holiday...the owner happened to be there..and I got to turn over the key..and explain the issues...( I am having him fix everything since this is my transportation) and he thought he could have it done in a day or so...WHEW. Another puzzle piece that seemingly will fit without a hitch...

Like I said..the gods are smiling...

So..I made it thru the 3 day week end in pretty good order...and I am not dreading this week...which is just great!...and I am getting everything done that needs to be done so I can move on...So this week...if you pray...ask for dh to go to WI. THAT would make life very much more simple..and far less stressful for me...

2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

I've been following your posts. It's a shame you have to move but a complete new start may just be what you need.

I'm glad you have such a good lawyer and a great son, keep strong.

3. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

Hi Suzan,
    I am new to this particular board, normally on arthritis board--suffer from RA, OA,DDD,High Blood Presser, RLS, GERD, 2 heart valve probs, I think I got it all!!!!!!

I have been reading your posts and looked up your profile and was horrified. I can't imagine a husand telling his wife that when she is sick! I will be 53 this month, so just about your age and married for 32 yrs. If my husband said that to me I would die, literally die.

You are sooooooooooo strong and I admire you for your strength to go on and make anohter life for yourself. I will definitely pray for your situation and that your dh will be in WI next weekend. I admire your son for letting you live with him. Will pray for him as well, for the whole situation. I pray for you to be able to control your stress, however possible, since that makes our diseases worse. I admire you!!!!

This will work out for you and you will have a wonderful new life. I am glad you have consulted attorney and know exactly how to make sure the financial part is there. That is most imp. part. It is his responsibility to take care of you whether he wants to or not. Remember wedding vows, in sickness and in health?

Well, I could go on and on, but just wanted you to know I am thinking and praying for you in your new venture.

God's blessings on you each step of the way,
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

So many women on this board live in the situation that you're leaving.

You've been an inspiration to many, I'm sure.

Please continue to keep us updated, I'm so proud of you!!

Nancy B
  5. sues1

sues1 New Member

I purposely came online to see if I could find any update from you.....I am rarely on anymore. So you probably posted several times since I last read your postings. But you have been on my mind and in my heart!

So proud of you girl! You will have your down times......but many more and better uptimes as you go.

I admire your attitude and all. Keep in touch.

Many Blessings and HUGS....also one for your son.

I know you will be happy............Susan
  6. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have been following your story. I just wanted to pass on support and prayers to you. I am sorry for what you are going through. I am sure your emotions have gone back and forth, but it seems like you are doing what is best for you. How wonderful that your son is being so supportive.

I hope your move goes smoothly. Sorry that you are starting over. Maybe you will look back a year from now and be thankful that you were able to get out and get yourself back. Kim :)