The Latest News... Not Feeling Well... What Next?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetOceanBlue77, Oct 18, 2002.

1. SweetOceanBlue77

SweetOceanBlue77 New Member

Hello Everyone:
    First I would like to Welcome all new members too the group. The latest news on my situation is that my lower back has been hurting me too the point that the nerves in my right leg hurts too, and the sharp pain along with burning & tingling, and must use my cane. I called UCLA Spine Clinic for an appointment, although still waiting for the call from the head nurse who schedules the appts. She told me that the doctor needed to review my MRI b4 an appt can be scheduled. So therefore I had to call the hospital & ask them to fax it over too UCLA. Then, I also made a call too my Rheum to see if he can set up an appt for me to get a new MRI, since the last one was done Sept 01. Of course since that time my symptoms have become worse along with many other new symptoms. I go for that MRI on Monday at 6:45am. This has truly been not only depressing but overwhelming for me, aside from the fact that my therapist is no longer practicing because she too had back surgery 2x and still isn't doing well at all. But, she did find an replacement for me, which I greatly appreciate. We had such a wonderful bond, and I'm going too miss her alot, but will keep in touch as she asked me to do. Just doing minimul housework now is such a pain for me, and hopefully I can get in to see the Neurosurgeon soon. I also called my Rheum & asked him to pleaseee write em a script for something other than the Vicodin, he refuses, told me to double up on them. I'm so upset about this because I explained too him that it's NOT helping me one bit. The pain is so bad that I'm only getting a few hours sleep, then wake up too sharp shooting pains in the mid of my back...
    I shall keep the group informed on any other developments.
    May everyone Have A Beautiful Weekend!

Sincere Hugs,
    Michelle K.
    SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
    California
  2. SweetOceanBlue77

SweetOceanBlue77 New Member

Hello Everyone:
    First I would like to Welcome all new members too the group. The latest news on my situation is that my lower back has been hurting me too the point that the nerves in my right leg hurts too, and the sharp pain along with burning & tingling, and must use my cane. I called UCLA Spine Clinic for an appointment, although still waiting for the call from the head nurse who schedules the appts. She told me that the doctor needed to review my MRI b4 an appt can be scheduled. So therefore I had to call the hospital & ask them to fax it over too UCLA. Then, I also made a call too my Rheum to see if he can set up an appt for me to get a new MRI, since the last one was done Sept 01. Of course since that time my symptoms have become worse along with many other new symptoms. I go for that MRI on Monday at 6:45am. This has truly been not only depressing but overwhelming for me, aside from the fact that my therapist is no longer practicing because she too had back surgery 2x and still isn't doing well at all. But, she did find an replacement for me, which I greatly appreciate. We had such a wonderful bond, and I'm going too miss her alot, but will keep in touch as she asked me to do. Just doing minimul housework now is such a pain for me, and hopefully I can get in to see the Neurosurgeon soon. I also called my Rheum & asked him to pleaseee write em a script for something other than the Vicodin, he refuses, told me to double up on them. I'm so upset about this because I explained too him that it's NOT helping me one bit. The pain is so bad that I'm only getting a few hours sleep, then wake up too sharp shooting pains in the mid of my back...
    I shall keep the group informed on any other developments.
    May everyone Have A Beautiful Weekend!

Sincere Hugs,
    Michelle K.
    SweetOceanBlue77@aol.com
    California
  3. fibrokimm

fibrokimm New Member

There are now laws about drs not treating a patients pain and you can file a complaint with the licensing board...all i know is that it has to do with neglect, emotional abuse, and cruel and unecessary suffering... blah blah blah...either get rid of him or put up with it.

For a quick solution keep checking in to the ER and they will give you a pain shot and some pain pills. I've had to do this many times before I was able to get my dr to prescibe oxy which i combine with xanaflex muscle relaxer...a great combo cocktail..which my doctor realizes works for me.

You can always fall out in your doctors office, literally and I bet you will have no future problems getting the meds you need.

God Bless
    fibrokimm