The light just came on in my head...Help..need advice..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I remember back in 1994 I had an accident at my work place where I fell and hurt my back and neck. I got workmans comp back then but in 1996 the pain eased and I went back to work. In 1998 the pain started again so I had to see the workman comp doc, then I only had mild symtoms till 1999 and they started getting worse. Now I cant even function to do anything. My question is..is it possible that I went in remission for those times in between? and now I got it full force. I've already appied for ssd so do I get back in touch with workman comp or not. I'm confused on what to do. But now it all makes sense to me. Is this possible?
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I remember back in 1994 I had an accident at my work place where I fell and hurt my back and neck. I got workmans comp back then but in 1996 the pain eased and I went back to work. In 1998 the pain started again so I had to see the workman comp doc, then I only had mild symtoms till 1999 and they started getting worse. Now I cant even function to do anything. My question is..is it possible that I went in remission for those times in between? and now I got it full force. I've already appied for ssd so do I get back in touch with workman comp or not. I'm confused on what to do. But now it all makes sense to me. Is this possible?
    Carlacat
  3. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

The first thing you need to do is get a GOOD worker's comp attorney. WC will fight you tooth & nail. The attorney is paid primarily by wc. You are responsible for a percentage of what your settlement is. 66% of anything is much more than 100% of nothing. I would check around and ask people to recommend an attorney, as I don't know of one in your area. If there is a city bus company, ask the drivers. Bus drivers are constantly getting hurt. My advise would be to go for it. You are out nothing if you lose, and there is a good chance you could win.
    Kathryn
  4. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Yep! And if you are disabled can't you do a double shot and start the ball rolling for SSDIB? Lil'