The lights are on but no one is home

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by onlythestrong, Jun 28, 2006.

1. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Oh what a week let's see messed up again at work (my boss is an awesome man,he didn't fire me)
    Can't remember who I've talked to!
    Can't remember what pills I've taken!
    Lost my mind last night and screamed at my husband for no reason!
    Sometimes I wish I would just lose myself because I'm sick of losing my mind!
    Just needed to vent!!!!!!!!!Thanks for listening.
    Hugs,
    Mary
  2. suzette1954

suzette1954 New Member

Forgot how to start the dryer the other day. I just stood there and stared at it like it would tell me. Then I got it started and put more in the washer and couldnt remember where to start the button! Now, thats sad!

I have to write everything down including a little spirol notebook to put every phone # of everything or body that I ever call, including my children and my sister,dr. pharm.etc.

Hang in there. We are with you and understand!! Hope today is a good one for you

Suzette
  3. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

It's getting worse,the business phone rang I was going potty so I get up pull up my underware run out to get the phone which is outside on a rock and realize I forgot my shorts!
    Now I'm waiting for the funny little men in the white coats to come get me!DUUUUH
    Thanks for understanding,
    Hug,
    Mary
  4. lawbrat

lawbrat New Member

I have to laugh- not at you but with you. I'm not the only one who feels that the men are coming to take me away ANY.SECOND.

I have no more brain. Last night while talking to my SO, I was all like- you never told me that, or that, or that.

Apparently he did. He was clear on the conversations. When they happened. I was CLUELESS.

5. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Ok, everyone come on over!

Those nice young men in the clean white suits are coming to take me away, haha,heehee, hoho. Remember that song?

Well you can all come over to my house because they are there waiting for me to get home! Might as well share the ride.

Now if I can just remember how to start my car so I can go home!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  6. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

Suzette,Lawbrat,must luv dogs and myself will be over,we'll all go together I really could use the vacation!
    Glad to know I'm not alone.......
    Love and hugs,
    Looney Mary
    [This Message was Edited on 06/29/2006]
  7. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I'm facing a demotion at work as this fibro fog is causing me to screw up too much.. I worked danged hard to get where I'm at and now I'm so mush-brained I can't handle my job.. Not to mention I think my boss has been watching Hell's kitchen as he thinks he is Chef Ramsey!!
    It's horrible.. I used to be a pretty bright and intellegent woman. Now my intellect is fading quick!!
    It is horrible Mary.. I feel alot of empathy with folks who have alzeimers.. I may just have part-timers but it's way too much!!
    Hugs!!
    dona
  8. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

by the men in the white coats. Last night I was sitting in the floor of the family room getting ready to go to bed and starting talking about stuff that made no sense. I got told by DH and DS that I was making no sense and that I was answering my own questions. I do the same thing as forget my home number I have had for 25 years and forget what I went into a room for and then remember it after about 20 minutes.

TxSongBird
  9. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Today my DH was gone when I left for work so I had to lock the house and the garage.

I drove 6 miles to town and couldn't remember if I locked them. So I turned around and went back to check.

They were locked, but I think those men in the little white coats locked them for me!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  10. gidgetsmom

gidgetsmom New Member

left for work this morning, stopped at the ATM for a little cash and for the life of me couldn't remember the PIN number we've used for years!! had to call my husband and ask what it was...course he really thought I'd lost it and had a good laugh at my expense!! Was just the start of a messed up day!!!
  11. Denamay

Denamay New Member

Yesterday I showed up for my phsio appointment at 9:30 sharp.

The two girls at the reception desk looked at each other, flipped through some papers, and finally went to the computer.

No one said a word, untill finally the receptionist said,"I can not find any record of your appointment."

Any way I was one month early for my appointment. Duh!! I hope I remember to make that one. Denamay
  12. gymmbabe

gymmbabe New Member

I have 2 stories...

first, I was getting ready to take the kids swimming. I showered, shaved, etc. We got to the pool, I noticed that I only shaved ONE of my legs. It had been so long since I had the energy to shave, I swear I could have braided it!

second, my husband was using the sewing machine (yes, my hubby sews). He came in complaining that it was acting up. I told him to go to the store and buy a new DISHWASHER.

He looked at me like I was crazy...I do believe I am certifiable.

Dawn
  13. jole

jole Member

Last week I felt so bad - fatigue and pain - that I couldn't make it to work on Wednesday. I wanted so bad to go see my doc, but knew I couldn't drive first of all, and secondly I knew if I called she would be booked solid and I couldn't see her anyway. So I stayed home and suffered.

Went to work the next day and she walks in and asks why I missed my appointment the day before....I already had one from 2 weeks earlier!!!! Told her she really didn't want to hear about it, she patted me on the shoulder, smiled and walked away.

Where in the world..........love the part timers!! That's exactly how I feel!!
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I can't believe what you have written, I have done the identical things and more. I've even done the potty thing. I kept trying to pull up my pants and not my underwear and would nearly fall down. They hurt me too so I just quite wearing them and stick to lounging pants. LOL WHERE ARE OUR BRAINS??

Info for those still working: When I had to leave work, I left at the pinnacle of my career. That is important. If you take a lesser paying job or part time, it will effect your benefits if you eventually have to leave. If you have disability insurance or life insurance based on your salary, if you lower your income all of that will be affected.

I did not know this until it was time for me to start receiving benefits and I read how people hurt themselves by taking lower paying jobs or working part time. I certainly did not plan to get sick and crash, but that is what happened. I may have been able to work a little while longer if I had reduced by position earlier in my career but it would not have been long. I had to have excellent brain skills and I lost them.

Where are these men going to take us???
  15. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

I can make jokes about this but I know each and everyone of you have probably been really shook up by this as have I but you know if I don't make a joke of it I would lose my mind,and I don't have much to spare!
    I love you all,you are a fastastic group of people!
    And for the men in the white coats,bring it on but you better have a really BIG cell for all of us,oh think of the party we could have!!!!!!
    Love and hugs to you all,
    Mary
  16. dononagin

dononagin New Member

I understand what your saying completely.. My rhumie at this point hasn't discussed disability though I'm bringing him a letter I received from a guest this week. I was supposed to set up a reservation for her.. I don't remember ever speaking to her at all. They aren't cutting my pay, but changing my position. But still I know it's just the start. I find my self daily catching little mistakes that I have made that in my business could be huge. Don't know how long I can keep it up before I get myself fired. This is scaring the heck out of me. What if I lose my job and can't get disability? Oh Lord this is horrible what becomes of us..
    Hugs!
  17. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

It wasn't bad enough that I drove clear back home yesterday morning to make sure I locked the door,but I guess the didn't get any better.

Decided to throw in a load of towels when I got home. I always toss the dirty dish cloths and dish towels on the floor in the laundry room. I went to get the regular towels out of the bathroom hamper and went back to the laundry room.

I put the towels in and went to the kitchen to get the dirty ones from there since they weren't on the floor. When I got to the kitchen they were already gone. I figured I must have put them in the washer before I got the other towels so I just turned the washer on and forgot about it.

Well, that is, until I went to throw something away and found my dish cloth and dish towel in the garbage!

No wonder I have to keep buying those darn things! I thought my DH was taking them out to the shop for rags!

Hugzz
    Greenbean