The local news is going to interview me!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kmelodyg, Jul 18, 2003.

1. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Last night, I wrote an e-mail to all of the local TV news stations. To read it, check out the post "Here's an e-mail that I sent to the local media". Well, I already got a response, from the biggest health newscast in Syracuse, NY!!!!! The producer e-mailed me to say that they would like to do an on-camera interview with me!!!! I'm going to be famous!! Just kidding! LOL Isn't that great? I'll let you know how it goes! I'm fighting to get the word out!!! FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT!!!!!

Lots of love,

Kathryn
  2. nje

nje New Member

hi and i`m tickled pink,i was on here untill almost dawn this morning,reading your post about writing a book,and i posted to help if i was needed,but this is the granddaddy of them all. tv. i live in spartanburg south carolina,what channel would that be on down here,and also what time is the interview. please post that so everyone will know. thanks for trying to help us,and i do mean h-e-l-p us.when you do something,you go for broke, (my kind of person). let us know something whenever you can. (hugs) nje
  3. suz41

suz41 New Member

Great for you Kathryn I really hope this helps your community become aware of the problems encountered by FM/CFIS persons. You should be really proud of yourself. Give them all youv'e got.
    Good Luck & break a leg (not really)

Suz
  4. MiahRoo

MiahRoo New Member

Very exciting. I wish you the best of luck. I hadn't realized so many people are fighting so hard to get public recognition. We certainly need it! I don't even know you, yet I feel so very proud!
  5. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Unfortunatly, you will only be able to see me on the local Syracuse, NY news. But if there is some way to see the story online, I will definatly let you guys know! Thanks so much for all of the support! I will make you guys proud!!!

Kathryn
  6. mamafurr

mamafurr New Member

that is incredible.....see what happens when you become proactive...read my post. i put up some info re chronic pain and i think we need to start at a grassroots place as well..locally. i am going to start my research tomorrow as today is not so hot. but the american chronic pain assn head called me back today and they need a facilatator in my area. start small, think big. i want to set a target day for what i am trying to accomplish..and i mean on a natl level for a "walk" whatever by next may ..on fm awareness day.
    i noticed no one has responded to my post...go figure.
    take care (i also posted my email if anyone is interested in my area)
    alice
  7. tansy

tansy New Member

Just goes to show what an e-mail or letter to the right person can do. Good luck with the interview.

Cheers

Tansy
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

Do us good now!! LOL I"m hoping I can see it!!I'm not too far from you.I'm in Rome. I'll be snooping around....hpoing to find it.Do you know what channel team it is? Maybe it'll show something(a clip)online?
    Think of the possibilitys!!
  9. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

You're in Rome? Cool! Not too far at all! I don't know what Channel Team is, but I am assuming that you will be able to see it from there. I just got another e-mail from the producer who said that she got my phone message, got swamped, and wasn;t able to call back today. She will call me on Monday to set up the taping.

I'm going to need help on what to say! I know alot about all of this, but I don;t want to leave out anything important. She said that she was going to tell MY STORY. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Kathryn
  10. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Well done you, I wish you all the luck in the world.

My nerves would just get the better of me, can`t wait to hear how it goes...

Love Pat.
  11. stillfighting

stillfighting New Member

Kathryn,

That's great you are going to be interviewed!

Some ideas--

1. How this dd affects your ability to function day to day.
    2. If you work outside the home, how does it limit you?
    3. Problems in getting diagnosed.
    4. Side effects of medications you may take to control symptoms.
    5. Credibility problems, since (and I know you've heard it) YOU LOOK SO GOOD!!!
    6. What you do to cope.
    7. Legal issues (Social Security Disability, reasonable accommodation at work under the Americans with Disabilities Act).

You inspire me! Good luck with your interview!

Hilary
  12. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

This is great. So besure to get in the real true fact of how disabling and misdiagnosed and understand has a long way to go and you are doing this to help change things.

You never know what they are going to show, so do not diminish how ill so many are, as you have read right here.

That we need and want help do to the growing no. of thisDD. for our future and our childrens.

Well, I am sure you have all that stuff going on in your head right now. You just never know how much they will put in or edit. So you have to get to the point fast.

Good luck, take alot of deeeep breaths.
  13. shell

shell New Member

Congratulations on being proactive and helping the world understand! You are a doer!
  14. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

You guys are great! You are the ones that have inspired me to become proactive! I will be mentioning that fact as well. I promise to keep you all up to date about what I will be saying, when it will be happening, and how it goes. Thanks again!!

Lots of Love,
    Kathryn
  15. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

That was fast. I just responded to your first post. Congratulations.

Love, Mikie
  16. kace

kace New Member

I am so happy for u and proud of u Kathryn!

I live in southwest Missouri and I've been thinking about doing the same thing! cant wait to hear how it went 4 u. PS maybe you'll be "discovered"!!

Many blessings, karen
  17. Jen F

Jen F New Member

Getting the word out about how debilitating chronic pain can be is very important. And if you can also educate about fibromyalgia AND problems with keeping a job when suffering from health problems, that's even better.

I hope it goes well. You can really make a difference in not only your life but many others.

This is good.

Jen F
  18. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

OUTSTANDING JOB!! I loved your e-mail and can see why they responded, especially the part on Chronic Pain affecting more people than Cancer and Heart Disease combined. I didn't even know about that. This is very exciting and I am so proud of you for standing up for us all. I'm really praying that this will be the start of big things for you and hope that they will use the interview without editing out too much. Be sure to mention this support group and I think you should start your own support group there in Syracuse since they don't have one.

You are truly an inspiration to us all!!

Hugs & Blessings,
    Shaky
  19. kmelodyg

kmelodyg New Member

Thanks again for all of the love and support! I will be talking to the producer on Monday to schedule the interview. I will let you know when it will happen. I will definatly take into consideration all of the recommendations that you have given me. I will also make sure to mention this board for the local Syracusians who have FMS and CFS as well. It has been the biggest source of support and inspiration for me!

Again, for those of yo uwho do not know, I am writin a book about our stories. So, if you want to be a part of it, please e-mail me at kmelodyg@hotmail.com! Hope to hear from you all!

Lots of love,
    Kathryn
  20. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Good work!!!

Post the web address of the news station please so we might see the clip if they post it.

If the news station gets a lot of "hits" on their story, more credibility for us!!! June