the longer you put off medical treatment???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, May 28, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

just wondering if any of you have the same problems as i?
    as far as the longer i put off medical treatment for the FM the more manifested it got! thinking that maybe if you are lucky enough to get a proper DX right away, that maybe you can get better with vigorus treatment?
    Now that i'm eating as much raw food and whole grains fruit and stuff of that nature some improvment as far as the digestive system!! Yea!! and some wht loss also! havn't been able to cut back on the pain meds much though ! well i guess some improvement is better than none Right?................................................regards sisland p.s almost 10 years was the time frame for me
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

3. tlayne

tlayne Member

I am still trying to ignore this dd. I have found out that I do good at times, & then like now I do bad.

I HATE going to the dr. & am thinking about going to a naturepath.

I am so happy to hear that you are having success!
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi
    and yes by the way we did take a trip to the Red Fish lake! nice of me to answer huh!lol I only see the rhumy about 3 times a year now ! and then i see a nurse practioner 2 times a year!

and if you ask me that's to many dr.'s appt's! a Naturepath sounds like a good idea to me if only my insurance would pay for it!! I'm glad to hear and to know that you have good days! mine are better now that winter has past and i'm on this diet! but still have to pace myself dramatically !!

learned that the hard way!! thanks for answering my post.....................sydney
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Don't you think it depends on the treatment you get?

I have CFS with some recent FM and have seen people wander around for years looking for real help, me included.

So, yes. I think a knowledgeable doctor can save us years of misery but I haven't seen any nearby knowledgeable doctors out there. Many poke around at it but they really don't know what to do.

Marta
  6. sisland

sisland New Member

Thanks for all the input
    the not knowing what it actually was for the longest time is definetly a (not good thing)!! ...............................I just got lucky when i had to leave my job to have a nueroligist (who by the way couldn't find any thing wrong with me!!).........................He praise god Reffered me to the RH that i see now ! ................................She's a godsend!! Never ever had any doubt about my DX ! that was 7 years ago now!......................................................She has always helped me in anyway possible!! I thank GOd everyday for a great 'Dr!!!!!!!